List of currently editable items?

bico
bico
Community Member

I would like a possibility to list all currently editable items (that is all items that is currently in "edit mode" (not saved)), preferably as a "saved search" under "Folders" in the left menu section.

Thanks a lot in advance!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @bico,

All items in 1Password are editable in that they can all be edited, but it sounds like you're looking for a way to find all items that have been edited but not saved, and show a "Resume Editing" button?

We've had other requests for that, and I'll be happy to add your comments to our open feature request to let our developers know you would also like to have that ability. I don't have any timeframe for if/when that will be added, but I would also find that very helpful, so hopefully we'll be able to include that in the future!

If you need anything else, please let us know. :)

ref: OPM-1661

• bico
    bico
    Community Member

That is exactly what I am looking for!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Thanks @bico! I was actually just discussing that with one of our other team members, and we both occasionally discover an item in that state, so we would also really love to be able to create a Smart Folder to show any items with unsaved changes. I'll be sure to give our developers an extra nudge about that. ;)

• bico
    bico
    Community Member

Thanks a lot in advance!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

:+1:

• PMK
    PMK
    Community Member

My most frequent (only?) and recurrent frustration with 1Password is not being aware that I have a few scattered unsaved records in the "resume editing" mode (that thus do not sync to all devices.) Clicking thru a list of hundreds of records to find the odd unsaved record seems a bit archaic. Please include my vote for designing an elegant solution for this a priority. Thanks.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @PMK,

I've added your vote to the issue in our internal tracker! Thanks for sharing your thoughts. :)

• bico
    bico
    Community Member

Any progress on this matter?

The most annoying thing with items that are edited but not saved is that they are not synchronized, at least not via WiFi. If you are unlucky and edit one or more items on your personal computer and forget to save them, then you will miss the edits in your smart mobile phone, even if the units are synchronized.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @bico

I'm sorry to hear about this being an issue for you, you're right about how much of a hassle it can be when the items have not synced! We don't have a timeline, or date to share with you, but we hope to see it in 1Password some day! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.