TestFlight Version (beta build) has disappeared/expired [recommend installing stable 5.5 release]

HRD
HRD
Community Member
edited September 2015 in iOS

Just enquiring as to why the TestFlight version has disappeared when the version 5.5 is not available in the Apple store.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 9 beta
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited August 2015

I received an email a couple of days ago that said that going forward, all future iOS betas require iOS 9. As a result, I returned to the official release version. I'm not up for beta testing OSes on the devices I rely on. Maybe that's why your seeing that?

I just checked TestFlight on my iPad, and I get a report that TestFlight is currently unavailable.

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member

Hi @hawkmoth,

I am on iOS 9, the latest beta is OK on the phone but buggy on the iPad, and was notified the same.

The issue is if the 1Password beta 5.5 stops working, I will be left in a vacuum, especially I don't have data of Wi-Fi access when that happens.

I could go back to the official release, or better still, Agilebits should clarify the situation with TestFlight.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member

@HRD - I'm out of the loop now, but I expect someone in the loop will be along soon.

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member

Hi @hawkmoth,

Noted with thanks.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@HRD, @hawkmoth: Sorry for the confusion! 1Password for iOS 5.5 beta 28 was the final beta, so hopefully it will be available in the App Store soon. Until a new beta is available, you can continue using 5.5 beta 28 if you already have it (it doesn't expire for about 20 days), or use the current stable version or 5.5 once it's live. Cheers! :)

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member

Hi @brenty,

Noted with thanks.

Silly question but I'll ask anyway. When will the new beta be available?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@HRD: Not a silly question at all. But just because it's not a silly question doesn't mean that I have an answer. I'm afraid your guess is as good as mine. I think we're just going to be happy to get 5.5 out the door finally. :lol:

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member

Hi @brenty,

I'll just be patient and wait.

I'm looking forward to test whatever you have up your sleeve for Watch 2.0.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

;) :+1:

• Shawzborne
    Shawzborne
    Community Member

I believe the other reason there is none is because currently TestFlight will not allow sending ios9 and watch os2 builds to external testers. An issue that everyone is quite upset about.

• TomWolsky
    TomWolsky
    Community Member

I have 505029. Is that beta28? I think iTunes (which is being a really pita at the moment) may have overwritten my beta.

Thanks.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2015

Your belief is the truth, @Shawzborne. :)

TestFlight did temporarily allow iOS 9 and watchOS 2 beta builds for external testers, then Apple changed its mind and disabled it.

@TomWolsky: The stable release of 5.5 came out today. Current recommendation is to overwrite any 5.5 beta build with it, avoiding the risk of the beta expiring before another one is available.

• TomWolsky
    TomWolsky
    Community Member

Thank you.

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member

Hi @sjk,

My guess is that Apple will allow iOS 9 and Watch OS 2 beta builds on TestFlight for external testers at the same time as they release the next beta, or when they open the App Store for iOS 9 updates. This can't be far off as the iOS 9 Gold version has to happen by about the 10th Sept.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

You're welcome, Tom!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

My speculation would similar, @HRD. :)

• iamdwaynewhite
    iamdwaynewhite
    Community Member

Can i be added to your beta program

• iamdwaynewhite
    iamdwaynewhite
    Community Member

im currently testing iOS 9 and would want to test your current beta for iOS?

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi @iamdwaynewhite,

Please see this posting for information regarding your question:

Joining the TestFlight Beta

I pretty sure we're out of slots at the moment but you can contact us with your request and verify the details. Thanks!

• emanuel
    emanuel
    Community Member

Hi guys,

I've now upgraded to iOS 9 to be able to install the TestFlight version of 1 Password but I can't find your beta app in the TestFlight app anymore.

I've recently had some issues with the WiFi Sync and wanted to test it to send you some information about the problem. I thought that it might make sense to upgrade it first to give you an error report with the newest beta version but that doesn't seem to be possible.

Could you do anything about that?

Cheers,

Emanuel

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi @emanuel,

Apple is still disallowing iOS 9 and watchOS 2 beta builds for external testers. At the moment 1Password 5.5 is the latest and recommended version to use with iOS 8 and 9 beta. A newer beta build will appear in TestFlight once it's available and will be mentioned here on the forum and elsewhere as well.

If you would like to send us info about your Wi-Fi sync issues is that something you'd be able to do by starting a new thread about it? Or would you rather go directly to email? Either way, if you're already running version 5.5 there's nothing newer right now to upgrade to first. :)

Thanks!

• emanuel
    emanuel
    Community Member

Thanks a lot for your quick reply. OK that explains it. I thought I would have access to the beta version once I've upgraded to iOS9. But I wanted to switch to iOS 9 anyways so no problem at all.
    I'll make some more tests because this seems to be an intermittent problem which is hard to identify.

I'll create a new thread in the next couple of days.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @emanuel,

Believe me, we're all really excited to get the new beta of 1Password in front of a few more eyes! Hopefully Apple will make it available soon.

In the meantime, we look forward to hearing more about this intermittent trouble you're having- we'd be happy to help you solve it. :)

• emanuel
    emanuel
    Community Member

Thanks, Megan. I'm working on the analysis of the problem. I just have to find the time beside my day time job. :-)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

No worries! Any time is fine. We're here if you need us. :)

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member

Hi @sjk,

Just a thought - Apple are leaving it rather late to open the App Store for iOS 9 updates, or perhaps I have become rather impatient.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Like Megan mentioned above, we are eager for more eyes in front of a new beta as soon as possible! The ball is still in Apple's court right now and they do seem rather late to volley it back. :)

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member

Hi @sjk,

Agreed. Something is not right, as there is no way the latest iOS beta is ready for general use. I have been expecting another beta for both iOS and Watch before the Gold Master.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@HRD: Indeed. But I suspect that now that September is here Apple is on lockdown doing some serious crunching to get things ready. So long as the final release is Good Enough™ (with only some minor fixes needing a quick post-release update) I think we'll be in good shape. ;)

• eh801
    eh801
    Community Member
    edited September 2015

Something to look forward to!

This discussion has been closed.