How to recover a deleted login from trash

hal_537
hal_537
Community Member

I use a macbook and have accidentally deleted a login from 1passport. Both logins had similar names. How may I recover the deleted login from trash so that it returns to my login list in 1passport?

1Password Version: 1Password 5 Version 5.3.2 (532001) Agile Web Store
Extension Version: 4.4.2
OS Version: OS X 10.10.4
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:recover deleted data

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

On the assumption you mean the item is in the 1Password trash go to Trash, highlight the item in the second column then choose, from the 1P menu, Item > Restore from Trash.

Stephen

• hal_537
    hal_537
    Community Member

Many many thanks, how simple 1 passport makes this, as you gather I'm rather new to this.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @hal_537,

We're happy Stephen_C was able to assist you so promptly, if you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask and we'll see if we can beat him to your post next time :smile:

• sheryl_ptsd
    sheryl_ptsd
    Community Member

I can't figure out how to "go to trash and highlight the item" I'm running version 6.0.2

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@sheryl_ptsd are you in All Vaults view in 1Password? If so, just change to the vault from which you originally deleted the item(s) and you will be able to see the trash and empty it.

Stephen

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @sheryl_ptsd,

I''m sorry you're having trouble with that! I suspect Stephen is right - if you're in the All Vaults view, you won't currently be able to find your items in the Trash there. Once you switch to a specific vault, you'll be able to select the Trash in that vault and see the items there (if any). You can either restore items from Trash, or empty the Trash.

Does that help? If you're still having trouble with that, please let us know - we're here for you! :)

• PTSDSheryl
    PTSDSheryl
    Community Member

What's All Vault's view?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @PTSDSheryl,

You only have a single vault so you won't see the vault switcher or the All Vaults view right now. Both are hidden until you have at least one secondary vault. To try and help visualise this here is what the top left hand corner of my copy of 1Password looks like when I have multiple vaults.

You can see how I have this extra section right under the window buttons and before Sidebar. The section I've highlighted in red when clicked will bring up the vault switcher that looks like this.

(with a few vault names obscured)

At the top you can see the thing we're referring to when we talk about the All Vaults view and it allows me to see the contents of multiple vaults from a single window. It's great when you're wanting to fill in a browser and don't want to have to switch vaults all the time :smile:

As you don't have multiple vaults in your copy of 1Password though the discussion of the All Vaults view shouldn't affect you.

So to restore an item from your Trash the first thing you need to do is click on the Trash icon in the Sidebar. It's the icon right at the bottom. It's a view just like the others so you can click on it to see the items that are in your Trash just like you can click on the text Logins to see just your Login items or click on the text All Items to see everything in your vault.

With the list of items in your trash visible, when you select one you should find another button is available in the Item Details panel. It is in the bottom left hand corner of that panel and it looks a bit like this.

Clicking that is all you should need to do to return a previously deleted item (that is still in your Trash) to your vault. Does that help at all?

• hshubin
    hshubin
    Community Member

I would never have found Item>Restore From Trash. How about an entry on the context menu (right click or CTRL+click on an item in the trash)?

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni

@hshubin thanks for the suggestion! I agree that an entry in the context menu would be easier to find than the Restore From Trash option in the menu bar. This is something our team is looking into, but I can't speculate on if or when it will be changed.

• There is also a big "Restore" button at the bottom of the item details when you select it.

This discussion has been closed.