Sync from Android to Mac, not working with existing vault.

cmakaloclifford
cmakaloclifford
Community Member
edited August 2015 in Android

Hi,

My Mac OS X installation failed and I was forced to reinstall the OS, and was not that worried about my passwords, as I had them synced to my Android phone with WiFi Sync.

But now I'm getting so frustrated, crazy, out of my mind. There seems to be no way to sync my password data from my phone to my Mac.
I cannot find the vault on my phone's storage, looked both in the internal storage and the SD card storage locations. If I turn off and on WiFi sync, it will not let me choose the computer which have a new installation of 1Password 5 with an empty vault, and turned n WiFi sync server.

So I have all my data on my phone, but i cannot get it synced back to my computer, running Mac OS X 10.10.5, and 1Password 5.3.2.

It must have something to do with WiFi sync activated previous to the reinstallation of my Mac OS X. I've tried to turn off and on WiFi sync on the phone, but turning it on again won't let me choose my computer as a sync source.

So the question is: How can I get my 1Password data back to my Mac from my Android phone?

1Password Version: 4.5.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 5.1.1
Sync Type: WiFi

Comments

• saad
    edited August 2015

I’m very sorry to hear you had to reinstall OS X due to an installation error.

1Password on Android does not support the ability to reconfigure sync on Android, unfortunately. The only way to achieve this is to reinstall 1Password or clear its application data. We understand this is a very important functionality the Android version of 1Password needs and our team will implement this for a future version.

Stopping the app and clearing the data will cause all unsynced items to be lost, so I wouldn't recommend that approach until you've determined that you are not going to lose any data. Unfortunately, the recourse at this stage is to manually go through your items, check for changes, and write them down. :(

Once you have migrated the changes from your Android device, please follow the instructions below. This will remove all of your 1Password data on your device, so please make sure to store all items from Android that have not synced over. Here's what you will need to do:

1. Go into Android device Settings > Apps > 1Password and tap "Clear data"
  • cmakaloclifford
    cmakaloclifford
    Community Member
    edited August 2015

Ok, so I need to manually write all my items down, or just the ones that I might have created on the phone and not synced over to my Mac?

So I would be safe if I have never created an item on my phone? Then all my passwords is still going to be there if I do the clear-data-thing?
    I'm absolutely positive that I haven't created any items on the phone, and I'm also 100% certain that I haven't done any changes that haven't been synced to the phone from my Mac.

Wy cant I find the keychain file on the phone, how can I get hold of all items on the phone. I mean, the data is there, so it should be extractable somehow, right?

If I would stop the app, and clear data, would that still hold the majority of my items in the keychain?

If not, I might as well just reset my passwords on all the sites i need to access again... :sweat:

• Sorry for the confusion. If you clear application data, it will delete all of your 1Password data on your phone, including items not created on your Android device.

If you prefer starting fresh, we can try one last thing that might sync your data back to your Mac. Before we continue, I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Android device:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/android.html

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• cmakaloclifford
    cmakaloclifford
    Community Member

Ok, so now you should have received the diagnostics report, with this Support-ID: #PXU-85119-214

PS. Tried first time but somehow the attachment did not stick, so you can maybe just discard that email.

• Thanks! Reviewing it now. :)

This discussion has been closed.