Why do I have the option to use my password on my iPad 2 but not on my android mobile.

bryanjcook1
bryanjcook1
Community Member

Dropbox files from PC sync on both my ipad2 and my android mobile. I can open the passworded file on my ipad but my mobile transfers the file but not the password facility therefore I am unable to open it. I am not using 1 Password.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: It could be iCloud I am not sure
Referrer: forum-search:Dropbox file with password requirement allows me to use password on iPad but not on android mobile

Comments

• Sounds like you might be trying to open the 1Password.html file in your data folder. This feature is called 1PasswordAnywhere and it is designed to be viewed directly from the Dropbox website because most modern browsers have restrictions on web pages stored on your local storage. That's why you're seeing the error when you try opening the 1Password.html file directly from your Android device, and not Dropbox's website.

I would recommend installing 1Password on your Android device and select the data folder from there. You should be able to view it.

Let me know if you have any other questions. :)

• bryanjcook1
    bryanjcook1
    Community Member

Thank you for your answer. I set up the password myself years ago, it is only using Dropbox which has brought this problem to light. I did try installing 1Password but it would not respond. I will now give it another try. Thanks.

• We can help you with setting up 1Password on your Android device. Here's a short guide that will help get started: https://support.1password.com/guides/android/

If you run into any problems or have any questions, please let us know!

This discussion has been closed.