Problem with iPhone restore

Options
tom_mcdonald
tom_mcdonald
Community Member
edited August 2015 in iOS

Hi,

I was having issues with my iPhone so I went ahead and did a full restore. All of my apps we're fully downloaded/restored except for 1Password - it is currently stalled at "Waiting..." The primary solution for fixing any app on iOS that is stuck downloading/restoring is to delete the app and reinstall via the app store. I am afraid of doing this however as I fear deleting the app will also erase all my saved password data in iCloud. Is this the case? If so, is there anything I can do to get my data?

1Password Version: 5.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 8.4.1
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @tom_mcdonald,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. Deleting 1Password for iOS will indeed delete any data stored only on the local device, but it does not delete the synced data. Information synced to iCloud or Dropbox will remain there. So as long as your device was syncing 1Password properly to iCloud prior to the restore you should be fine to uninstall/reinstall and then re-setup syncing.

That said, I'd suggest restarting the phone, and giving it a bit of time before attempting an uninstall/reinstall, as that would be the safer method if it works.

Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.