Have 1password pro on my iPhone 5. Just got same for wife's iPhone 6 and want to sync with my phone.

Options
kimawilliams
kimawilliams
Community Member

Saw some instructions but they are not clear. Looking for instructions.

1Password Version: 5.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 8.4.1
Sync Type: wifi
Referrer: forum-search:Have 1password pro on my iPhone 5. Just got same for wife's iPhone 6 and want to sync with my phone.

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @kimawilliams,

Sorry for the delay in responding!

If you're both running 1Password 5 for iOS then your options for iOS to iOS sync are either iCloud or Dropbox. I see you've mentioned Wi-Fi Sync but unfortunately that does require 1Password for Mac as it acts as the server while the iOS devices are the clients.

If you both share a single Apple ID then you share a single iCloud account and you could synchronise a primary vault using iCloud Drive between your two iOS devices.

If you use separate Apple IDs for iCloud then sadly there is no way to share anything between them. Instead you would want to look into Dropbox. Dropbox is a lot more versatile so you can either use a single Dropbox account between you or you can even have separate Dropbox accounts and share a folder between those accounts at the Dropbox level.

Here are a couple of links to syncing in our guides (you may have read these already).

If you're unsure of something, have more questions or feel I haven't understood the issue please do post back :smile:

This discussion has been closed.