Touch ID no longer enabled? I'm running ios 8.4 on a 6 plus.

Options
chromer1
chromer1
Community Member

Was working fine until today.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:touch id

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @chromer1,

Can you please give us some more information about what sort of problem you're running into with Touch ID? Are you no longer being asked for Touch ID to unlock the 1Password app? Or are you using the Safari extension? Is the Touch ID option still enabled in 1Password > Settings > Security? Do you have Touch ID enabled in the Settings app on your iPhone?

The more information you can give us about what you're trying to do, the steps you take to do it, what you expect to happen, and what happens instead, the better we'll be able to help you with that. Thanks in advance! :)

• chromer1
    chromer1
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, I'm no longer being asked for Touch ID. Just the regular typing key in, which mine is very long and a hassle to type every time. Haven't changed any settings, so yeah all the settings are set as they always were when it was working normally.

• chromer1
    chromer1
    Community Member
    Options

It was turned off in settings, my bad! But why? I didn't change anything that I know of. Perhaps it switched itself off when I updated it? That's also a bit weird bc I updated it as soon as it was avail. from you guys. Anyway, thanks a bunch, you guys rock!!! :)

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @chromer1,

Thanks for the additional info. So, are you saying it asks for your master password every time you need to unlock 1Password? If you reboot your device, you'll need to enter your master password the first time you open 1Password but after that it should go back to asking for Touch ID. Or if you tap the Cancel button from the Touch ID prompt in 1Password, it will ask for your master password but there will be a fingerprint icon under the master password field, so you can tap that to bring back the Touch ID prompt (but you'll only see that icon if you've tapped Cancel first).

However, if you're being asked for the master password every time to need to unlock the 1Password app (and you don't have a fingerprint icon under the master password field), please unlock it by entering the master password and then go to Settings > Security. Is the Touch ID setting enabled? If not, you'll need to turn it on. If it's already enabled, try turning it off, then back on again. Does that help?

• chromer1
    chromer1
    Community Member
    Options

Yes I am aware of having to key in after reboot, as well as the prompt after declining to use the Touch ID, which incidentally I did a couple of days ago for the first time. I remember seeing the finger print icon option as well as the nl key in.
    Going to settings-->security fixed it for sure, I've used it a few times this afternoon setting up a new laptop.
    Thanks for your prompt responses @Drew_AG

• rlgleason51
    rlgleason51
    Community Member
    edited August 2015
    Options

I ran into the same issue today. I was suddenly asked to enter my master password. Thinking I had shut my phone off, I tried it again and had to enter the mpw a second time. Checked settings and Touch ID was off. Cannot remember last time I went into settings, definitely not since yesterday when all was working normally.

Using 1pw 5.5 with iOS 8.4.1 with 6+

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@chromer1, you're very welcome, thanks for letting us know that solved the problem for you! :)

@rlgleason51, I'm glad you were able to find that setting and get things working again, although I'm not sure why the Touch ID option was suddenly disabled in 1Password's settings. If that happens again, please let us know and we'll see if we can figure out why that's happening. But hopefully it just keeps working as expected from now on! :)

• phildapunk
    phildapunk
    Community Member
    Options

I'm late to the party , but also experienced the Touch ID option being disabled. I suspect after the last update.

• Thanks for letting us know. If it happens again, please send us a diagnostic report right away.

Instructions for doing so are available here:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/ios.html

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.