Licensing & syncing questions

stegerk
stegerk
Community Member

Apologies if this is submitted to the wrong section. I'm a huge fan of 1Password. I have some questions.......

1. I am one person with 3 platforms. I have 1Password installed on 2 Macs (Pro 1.1 & Mini 3.1) and 2 iOS devices (iPhone 5S & iPad Air). I purchased a v3.8.22 build 32010 license for Mac OSX 10.7.5 from AgileBits and apparently purchased the v5.5 iOS license from the Apple App Store. [ I don't know why. ] I want to also install 1Password on an additional Windows 10 PC. Do I just need to purchase a Windows license or is a bundle better? Would there be any advantage to consolidating the licenses to one source (AgileBits)? If so, how?

2. I have a Dropbox account to use for syncing. The vault files on the 2 Macs and 2 iOS devices are not currently the same. How can I use the file on the iPhone as a master and push/sync it to the other devices/platforms using Dropbox?

3. How can I make sure that going forward all changes made to the password file on any device are **automatically ** pushed to the Dropbox account and pushed/synced down to all of the other installations? I want to maintain all 5 installations' password files the same regardless of which installation I make a change from.

Thanks

1Password Version: v 3.8.22 & v5.5
Extension Version: n/a
OS Version: OSX 10.7.5, iOS 8.4.1 & Win10
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@stegerk: This is definitely a bit broad, so for now here is fine. :)

Do I just need to purchase a Windows license or is a bundle better?

The bundle will only make sense if you also need the new version of 1Password for Mac. If you're going to continue using 1Password 3, then the bundle probably doesn't make sense for you at this time. And to purchase a single 1Password for Windows license, be sure to use your 1Password for Mac license key to take advantage of upgrade pricing.

Would there be any advantage to consolidating the licenses to one source (AgileBits)? If so, how?

It's hard to say if there might be an advantage, since this is impossible: iOS apps can only be sold through the App Store; and similarly the Mac App Store is also completely separate from the AgileBits Store. That said, for versions which you can purchase directly from us, we're able to offer upgrade discounts and sales...so that's always nice. ;)

I have a Dropbox account to use for syncing. The vault files on the 2 Macs and 2 iOS devices are not currently the same. How can I use the file on the iPhone as a master and push/sync it to the other devices/platforms using Dropbox?

If you want to simply merge the data from your separate vaults, all you need to do is point all devices to the same vault in Dropbox. The easiest way to accomplish this is to use a single iOS device. Have it sync with each vault in Dropbox, each time pushing More Info and then Merge. Finally, set it to the vault you want to keep, set the other devices to sync with that same vault, and then delete the others to avoid confusion going forward. Just be sure to backup your data beforehand, just in case.

How can I make sure that going forward all changes made to the password file on any device are **automatically ** pushed to the Dropbox account and pushed/synced down to all of the other installations? I want to maintain all 5 installations' password files the same regardless of which installation I make a change from.

This isn't something you manage yourself; that's Dropbox's job. All you need to do is ensure that each device is pointing to the same vault, and then Dropbox will do the rest — syncing data when changes are detected.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions! :)

ref: 318844

This discussion has been closed.