got a new phone, downloaded password app but it was not synced before, help?

philltj
philltj
Community Member

downloaded 1 password app on new phone, it is asking how synced? It was not . Need to get my password app synced to new phone?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:how can i get help , have registered?

Comments

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2015

Hi @philltj,

We'll be happy to help you with this, but we'll need a bit more info from you in order to do so.

• What kind of phone are we talking about: iPhone or Android? (You've posted this in the Mac forum, so we'll most likely move it to either the iOS or Android forum once we get this answer, just so you know.)
    • Which version of 1Password are you using?
    • Do you currently have access to 1Password on your old phone or any other device?
    • Have you ever made a backup of your phone (i.e., iTunes backup)?

1Password data is only stored locally on the device unless you specifically configure it to sync to another device or the cloud (i.e., iCloud or Dropbox)--that's an important part of 1Password's secure design. So I'm sorry to say that if you never synced your data and you don't have the old phone anymore, you may be out of luck. But your answers to the above questions will unveil some hope. Fingers crossed!

• philltj
    philltj
    Community Member

Vee
    It was an iPhone 6, guess I'm out of luck, had Dropbox but when I originally downloaded the 1 password app. I don't remember it asking me to synch. It was free download from app. Store.
    Only had about 15 login info on the app, will have to start all over I suppose.
    Learned lesson.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @philltj,

I'm going to move this to our iOS forum as it seems to be just about 1Password for iOS at the moment.

Sadly it does sound like you've lost the old vault. Vee covered the two situations (sync data or iOS backup) that would have meant the vault was stored somewhere other than just on that one device. As you seem to be acknowledging these aren't available it does sound like a new vault may be the only way forward. Sorry to hear that.

This discussion has been closed.