locked out and I know my password

jcook89
jcook89
Community Member

last night noticed android app not taking password. Now this morning neither app nor pc program will accept my password. Was this changed or locked out due to too many attempts? Very concerned please help

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:locked out know my password

Comments

• Sorry to hear your master password is not being accepted. I would be happy to look into what might be going on and help you fix it.

Did you change your master password recently? How are you syncing your data between Windows and Android?

• jcook89
    jcook89
    Community Member

No didn't change password recently and sync via drop box.

• jcook89
    jcook89
    Community Member

Please don't take offense as none is intended but I'm beyond frustrated by the amount of money and faith I've put into your product to have it fail inexplicably on me in this way. Also to find that my support options are almost non-existent as I posted a question at 7 am this morning and haven't heard anything back since 9:29 am. This is my entire digital life I have in that vault. I've been so pleased with your product and have recommended it to many people. I need some help getting this resolved so I can continue recommending your product. signed a very confused and frustrated customer

ps having all my passwords and suddenly not having access to them makes me fear that someone else has breached my account and changed my password is this a possibility? I'm working on changing my passwords as fast as I can but there's a long list of sites that exist only in my vault

• Thanks for getting back to us. I’m sorry for the late response, we try our best to get back to our customers as soon as possible. I understand your frustration and the severity of this case. I will try my best to help you get access to your data again.

Does your master password have characters or symbols outside of US-ASCII character set? Characters such as ö, é and à.

I’d also like you to verify you are able to log into 1PasswordAnywhere. To do so, log into https://www.dropbox.com in a web browser and open the 1Password.html file in the 1Password.agilekeychain you're syncing to in Dropbox.

Lastly, I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Windows PC:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/win.html

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• jcook89
    jcook89
    Community Member

Thank you for getting back to me. I'll try to work on these things tonight after work.

• Sounds good. Thanks!

• jcook89
    jcook89
    Community Member

Ya I'm an idiot I figured out the problem and it's to simple for me to want to even reveal how much I'm an idiot. Thanks for the help.

• No problem. I'm very happy to hear you were able to fix this and things are working again. If you have any other questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact us again. Have a nice week! :)

This discussion has been closed.