Unable to access the bill pay portion of my online bank account.

Options
dsworth
dsworth
Community Member

I have been successfully using 1Password on an iPhone 6+ until recently. There has been an IOS update and a 1Password update done recently before this issued was found.

I can successfully log onto my online bank and online bill pay using Safari (outside of 1Password) on the iPhone. I can also successfully log onto my online bank, see all accounts, transfer funds, etc. as normal within 1Password, using the browser agent set as iPhone. When I attempt to access my bill pay section of the online bank, within the 1Passwords browser, it attempts to go to the bill pay site but only brings up a blank page. It does this regardless of the user agent setting with 1Password.

I have contacted the online bill pay support and described the issue with them. As expected, they were unable to assist with the problem. They did suggest I try to log on using Safari only, copying and pasting my password from 1Password. Doing this I was able to successfully log in to the online banking site as well as access the bill pay site.

I'm out of tricks- any suggestions for resolving this problem?

1Password Version: 5.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: IOS 8.4.1 (12H321)
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:online banking bill pay

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @dsworth,

It sounds like you need the 1Password extension for Safari. :) Previously this was only available on desktop operating systems (Mac & Windows), but as of iOS 8 / 1Password 5, we've been able to add this option to iOS as well.

This allows you to login using your 1Password credentials from within Safari. Very handy!

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• dsworth
    dsworth
    Community Member
    Options

Ben,

I've looked in the preferences in 1Password 5.5 but see nothing regarding 1Password extension for Safari. Where do I download the extension for 1Password for the iPhone? I apologize for being a bit slow on the uptake here :(

• Ben
    Options

Hi @dsworth. No worries. The instructions were linked from the "1Password extension for Safari" text in my post above. Clicking on those words should take you straight to the directions. :)

Thanks

Ben

• dsworth
    dsworth
    Community Member
    Options

Ben-

I have installed the 1Password extension for Safari as outlined in your link. After doing so I turned off the iPhone, restarted, opened 1Password and logged into my online bank and tried to access the bill pay option. No luck - returned the same blank screen.

Is there additional information I might provide to assist you in trying to determine the underlying issue here?

I appreciate your assistance!

Doug

• Ben
    Options

Hi Doug,

Sorry about that. It sounds like we weren't clear about what the expectations should be here. You'd need to login to the website using Safari, not 1Password's 1Browser -- now that you have the extension enabled you can have 1Password fill your credentials within Safari. You can read about doing that here:

https://support.1password.com/guides/ios/fill-items-safari.html

Having the extension enabled doesn't change how 1Password's built-in "1Browser" works at all.

Thanks.

Ben

• dsworth
    dsworth
    Community Member
    Options

Ben-

I'm slow but I can be trained! Thank you for walking me through the process. I had no idea this was available. It will be a godsend, for sure!

Again, many thanks!

Doug

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update Doug ( @dsworth )! Glad to hear that worked out. Sorry I wasn't more clear in my first post. :)

If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.