1Password does not enter Username

Options

I'm using Version 1Password 4 Version 4.4.3 (443000) Agile Web Store on a Mac with OS X 10.9.5. Since a few weeks 1Password does not enter Username and password into the login fields of different websites (e.g.: ebay).

1Password Version: 4.4.3 (443000) Agile Web Store
Extension Version: 4.4.3
OS Version: OS X 10.9.5
Sync Type: File
Referrer: forum-search:I'm using Version 1Password 4 Version 4.4.3 (443000) Agile Web Store on a Mac with OS X 10.9.5. Since a few weeks 1Password does not enter Username and password into the login fields of different websites (e.g.: ebay).

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Roger_Wilco,

I'm sorry you're having trouble with the 1Password extension! I hope you don't mind, but I've moved your message to our "Saving and Filling in Browsers" forum since that seems to match the sort of problem you're running into.

To help us figure this out, we'll just need to know a few more details:

• What web browser are you using, and what exact version of that browser?
    • Is this a problem for all websites you've tried, or does it work correctly on some of them?
    • What are the exact steps you normally take to have 1Password fill your login credentials?
    • What happens if you click on the URL field of a Login item in the main 1Password app?
    • What happens if you open a website by choosing a Login item from the 1Password extension in the browser?
    • Also, if you go to a website first, and then choose the matching Login item from the 1Password extension, what happens?
    • When using the extension, do you click the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar, or do you use the ⌘\ keyboard shortcut?

Once we know those details, we should have a better idea of how to get things working again. Thanks!

• Roger_Wilco
    Roger_Wilco
    Community Member
    Options

a) Safari Version 7.1.8 (9537.85.17.9.1) with OS X 10.9.5 (13F1112)
    b) All I could test. None of them worked correctly. Except Amazons login. Here 1Password enters the name and password but does not enter the site.
    c) I login 1Password, then enter the URL in Safari, enter Login name and Password manually and then 1Password asks to store this address
    d) Normally I double-click on the login object in 1Password. This opens the website and then nothing more happens. No username, no password and no "enter" to get into the website. Only with Amazon the name and password appears but nothing more.
    e) Just the same. It opens the URL and nothing more.
    f) Then it opens the same URL in another window and that's all.
    g) I normally open the Program from the dock because "cmd" and \ is a difficult combination on a german keyboard. To answer this question I tried the key symbol in the browser toolbar. From here logins go through. But still not from the main program.

• littlebobbytables
    Options

Hello @Roger_Wilco,

If you normally use 1Password via the main window i.e. click on the URL stored in the website field then you're using what we call open and fill. This is where 1Password passes the URL to OS X, OS X passes it to your default web browser and then after the page has loaded in a new tab the 1Password extension is meant to realise this was opened by 1Password and proceed to fill the login page.

Currently this is broken for 1Password 4. We are aware of the issue and it is on the todo list of important bugs to fix. For the moment though it isn't working for our 1Password 4 users. I'm surprised at your response in e) though as I was under the impression that the issue was only present when you start from within the main 1Password window - my memory may be failing me here. Given your answer to g) I'm quite surprised as to the answer for f) as one is merely a keyboard shortcut for the other, if one works the other should too.

When you were trying to use the extension, where you clicking on the item from within the main menu or were you clicking on the URL from within the Item Details bubble? The image below should help a bit.

If you select a Login item there rather than clicking directly on the URL I find I get positive results for e), f) & g). Something else to consider is that while the default keyboard shortcut for filling on an English keyboard is ⌘\, which I think translates to ⌘# it can be changed. If you look in 1Password's preferences you will find you can adjust three of the global 1Password keyboard shortcut from the General tab. So opening a Login item from the extension should work and you could maybe adjust the fill keyboard shortcut for something a bit easier. Does any of that help while we work on correcting this bug?

ref: OPX-1022

This discussion has been closed.