1Password No Longer AutoFills eBay Login

Options

Hello!

I've been using 1Password for almost a month now. When I first started using 1Password, it would log me into eBay when invoked via keyboard shortcut, however it recently stopped working and I can't think of anything I changed that would cause this. The AutoFill feature seems to work correctly on every other website I visit.

Do you guys have any idea what could be causing this or steps I can try to alleviate the problem. Currently, I have to click on the browser extension, open the eBay panel and copy the password to my clipboard and paste it into the password field on the login page.

1Password Version: 4.4.3
Extension Version: 4.4.2
OS Version: 10.9.5
Sync Type: DropBox

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    Options

Hi @steiney,

The first thing worth trying is to see if creating a new Login item by following our How to manually save a Login guide makes any difference. This is always my first troubleshooting step when I run into something glitchy. If that helps - fantastic! if it doesn't though we'll work with you to try and figure out what's going on.

• steiney
    steiney
    Community Member
    Options

Well, it looks like it's something with my browser. I'm running Firefox and my suspicion is that either NoScript or FlashBlock is affecting the login page to the point where 1Password can't process it correctly. But, obviously, that's me and my browser's fault, not 1Password's. I tried logging into eBay in Chrome and it worked fine. I'll have to do some looking behind the scenes at the eBay log in page and see what's going on there. Thanks for the help and sorry I didn't think to try another browser before posting here!

• steiney
    steiney
    Community Member
    Options

Can't seem to edit my comment above but it turned out to be FlashBlock.

• littlebobbytables
    Options

Hello @steiney,

Thank you for reporting back with your findings. Can I ask, which browser did you normally use as I'd like to check out your discovery when I get a chance. This sort of thing is great for us to know in case others are experiencing it too :smile:

• steiney
    steiney
    Community Member
    Options

The browser I was experiencing the issue with is Firefox. Again, Flashblock was causing the problem, but I added ebay.com to its whitelist and that solved the problem. I run NoScript also. I don't know if that one will interfere because I already had ebay.com added to NoScript's whitelist.

• steiney
    steiney
    Community Member
    Options

FYI, I just encountered the problem again with Amazon.com. Added the domain to FlashBlock's whitelist and problem solved.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hmm. I actually bought cat foot from Amazon and iTunes credit from eBay earlier today and didn't encounter login issues, so that makes sense if FlashBlock was preventing it from filling. Thanks for sharing that, as it may help others as well. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.