Order of items on iOS and Mac versions

Options
drrich
drrich
Community Member

I have found it inconvenient that sign ins with that begin with a number appear at the top of the list in the iOS version, and at the bottom of the list in the Mac version. Seems like it should be standard, and fairly easy to do. Any thoughts?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb-search:beta, kb-search:comments

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited September 2015
    Options

There is an option under the Advanced tab in 1Password Preferences that controls whether items beginning with numbers appear first or last on the sorted list. That's so for Mac anyway. I don't remember for iOS, though. Will check.

I'm back. I don't find any option for where numbered records appear in the sort order for iOS, but at least you can make the desktop version be consistent with the iOS one with the option on the desktop.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2015
    Options

Indeed. personally, I wish this was customizable at the OS level, but at the very least we need to make this consistent between platforms. Thanks for the feedback!

The general standard is numbers/unicode characters at the bottom (e.g. Contacts), but I wish it was the reverse. But hawkmoth is correct that you can at least customize this on the Mac if you wish. Cheers! :)

• drrich
    drrich
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you. That helps.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:) :+1:

• crisorin
    crisorin
    Community Member
    Options

Any chance to have a chronological order for the Mac? Thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@crisorin: Do you mean like this dropdown menu under the Search box to sort your items?

I personally prefer "Modified", but "Created" is a good option too, depending on your preference. Cheers! :)

• crisorin
    crisorin
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, both would be great! Cheers, Cris

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @crisorin,

Well, you're in luck! That screenshot that Brenty shared is from the Mac app. Here's a better view of the whole app:

Just click on the ### items sorted by Title to change how things are sorted. :)

• crisorin
    crisorin
    Community Member
    Options

Wonderful, thanks! Cris

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @crisorin,

Glad to be of service! We're here if you have any further questions or concerns. :)

This discussion has been closed.