Southwest login issues

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Southwest airlines login problem.

Comments

• qdiddycane
    qdiddycane
    Community Member
    Options

I'm not sure where all of this is, but I just set up 1Password 4 on my PC and I cannot get Southwest.com to autofill the login and password. I am able to sign in manually and then save the login information just like any other site, but when I test it out, it simply will not pull down the login tab and fill it in. For what its worth, I'm running LastPass also until I decide which one I like best and Southwest.com will also not allow it to autofill. Every single other site that I have is working flawlessly.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2015
    Options

@qdiddycane: I hope you don't mind, but I split you off from the old Mac discussion you posted in into a new one in the browser filling category of the forums, since you seem to be having a login issue on Windows. I'm glad to hear that 1Password is working well for you otherwise, though!

I am able to sign in manually and then save the login information just like any other site, but when I test it out, it simply will not pull down the login tab and fill it in.

Oh. Wow. I see what you mean. That's a bit of a nuisance then, isn't it? I'm pretty sure this is simply not possible — opening the popup to fill the login. Fortunately, I was able to find an alternative:

https://www.southwest.com/flight/login

Just try filling there. It worked for me. If you have any trouble at all, manually saving a new login for the site will allow 1Password to save additional information from the form (even better using the 1Password browser extension on the computer, if that is an option for you). Just try these steps:

1. Navigate to the website
    2. Enter your login credentials
    3. Tap the 'keyhole' icon to bring up the extension
    4. Click the 'gear' icon
    5. Click Save New Login
    6. Give it a name and Save
    7. Close the webpage and select your new login from the extension to have 1Password Go & Fill
    8. Submit the form manually if you have autosumbit disabled

I hope this helps. Please let me know how it turns out! :)

• qdiddycane
    qdiddycane
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @Brenty, I'm good to go now. I kept reading after I posted my question and found the alternate log in site. I have Southwest working that way now. All good.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Excellent! Thanks for the update. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything else. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.