Opera has purchased SurfEasy

Options
wkleem
wkleem
Community Member

SurfEasy is a Canadian company selling VPNs. One of their products is a USB key based software.

https://surfeasy.com/private_browser/

I wonder if Agilebits could do something similar?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wkleem: I'm not sure that AgileBits will ever get into the browser business. It's pretty competitive, outside of our areas of expertise, and quite frankly with multiple good, free browsers there's just no money in it at this time.

The idea of a 'secure surfing device' is appealing, but ultimately unless it's bootable, you're still trusting that the host OS, drivers, and network stack are not compromised. I would totally use one on a friend or family member's computer, but on public machine? I don't think so, Tim! :pirate:

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited September 2015
    Options

The point I'm attempting to make, and one that's been raised previously, is to have 1Password that is portable. It's a long way from that.

I agree about public computers but it's convenient and easily accessible. However, I've seen malware ridden friend or family PCs too!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

The point I'm attempting to make, and one that's been raised previously, is to have 1Password that is portable. It's a long way from that.

@wkleem: Aha! Yes, that makes sense. Thanks for clarifying that for me. It's certainly something we can consider in the future! :)

I agree about public computers but it's convenient and easily accessible. However, I've seen malware ridden friend or family PCs too!

Touché! In fact, most of the malware-infested systems I've seen belonged to someone I knew. And the worst part about it is that usually meant I had my work cut out for me! :lol:

This discussion has been closed.