Go & Fill Alfred Integration

Fooligan
Fooligan
Community Member
edited May 2011 in Lounge
Request: Integrate 1Password with Alfred app on Mac to have a fully native "Go & Fill" as well as username/password access without launching the 1Password app.
Traditionally, I have never been a keyboard jockey when it comes to computing. But, over the past year or so I have become an Alfred app convert and now use it to navigate almost everything on my Mac. I ran a search on the forums and found a few conversations involving the Alfred app and thought that I would post a new discussion thread with a feature request to see if there is any general interest.

My thoughts, as described in my feature request, were to try and access 1P data without invoking the app or at least minimizing it. Not that I don't enjoy using 1P, 1do. But, I figured a primary goal of 1P would be to maintain high security with minimal interaction to utilize data. This would also prove helpful for other types of logins like servers, Knox Vaults, etc if I could just launch the Alfred window and copy/paste the username/password automatically.

Otherwise, maybe you could create your own native quick launch menu similar to Alfred for access and usage of 1P data?

Any thoughts?

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Thanks for the suggestion, Fooligan!

I can't imagine this would be a trivial undertaking, and I wonder about the security implications of such an integration. Perhaps nothing more serious that what we already deal with for the browser extensions, but I am not one of the developers. I will pass this along, though, as there are a number of us on the team who use and love Alfred! :-)

Cheers,
  • Fooligan
    Fooligan
    Community Member
    Understood.

I guess I am just thinking of a more global "Go & Fill" minimalist menu to access data using cmd+opt+/ in OS X instead of just a browser. A lot of times, I am working in other applications and it would be great to have a small window show up with searchable records instead of switching between different apps to get at the information.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Aha. Perhaps a 1Password menu bar service with an Auto-Type feature in 1Password for Mac would suit your needs. :-)

Eh?
  • Fooligan
    Fooligan
    Community Member
    khad wrote:

Aha. Perhaps a 1Password menu bar service with an Auto-Type feature in 1Password for Mac would suit your needs. :-)

Eh?

That would definitely work for me. I use the Auto-Type feature at work almost every day for filling in a bunch of our home grown factory automation packages.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    I just checked with the rest of the team and was informed that Alfred developer Andrew is working on an Alfred API. 1Password is the first thing he wants to integrate when the API is released. We'll see what impact the changes in the upcoming data format have on that, but it's out there and there is definitely passion from the developer for it!

Cheers,
  • Fooligan
    Fooligan
    Community Member
    Nice!

I for one think that this kind of integration would be slick. Thanks for looking into this.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2011
    It is my pleasure!

I have never been one for application launchers, but Alfred stands head and shoulders above the rest with its great balance of power and ease-of-use. It would be great to see two great tastes that taste great together. :-D
  • bswins
    edited May 2011
    khad wrote:

It is my pleasure!

I have never been one for application launchers, but Alfred stands head and shoulders above the rest with its great balance of power and ease-of-use. It would be great to see two great tastes that taste great together. :-D

I'm glad to see other AB and Forum members loving Alfred. I haven't been one for application launchers either, but after moving to the iMac, I did love the ability to use the keyboard instead of the mouse. I hope the Alfred/1P marriage takes place very soon.
This discussion has been closed.