Amazon - Keeps choosing wrong button

Options

I have a login for my Amazon account but everytime I try to use it 1PW will choose the radio button "No, I am a new customer" instead of leaving it at "Yes, I have a password". This always leads to an error page telling me I indicated I am new but supplied a password. How to I get 1PW to choose the correct button?

1Password Version: 5.3
Extension Version: 4.4.3
OS Version: OS X 10.10.5
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    Options

Hi @edbro,

I do apologise, this is our fault and the fix needs to come from us. There is at least a workaround though and the workaround is to create what I call a basic Login item. Instead of creating a Login item from within the browser launch 1Password and create a new Login item from there. Copy over the username, password and URL from the broken Login item and you should find that works better. The reason this works is without detailed knowledge of the page we shift from one approach of filling to another and the more basic one doesn't mess up the radio button. I am sorry for the frustration this has undoubtedly caused.

ref: OPX-982

• @edbro @littlebobbytables I've had this issue as well, and there's an even easier workaround:

1. Open the Amazon login item in 1Password
    2. Select Edit
    3. Click show web form details
    4. Find the create field and click the - button to remove it

That's all you need to do. 1Password won't add that field back later, and Amazon's site defaults to the second radio button ("Yes, I have a password") on the login page.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@penderworth: Ha! I was just going to say the same thing. Thanks! :lol: :+1:

This discussion has been closed.