JavaScript error from extension

I recently started to notice that when I have the Chrome developer tools open and interact with a form, I get a JavaScript error from the 1Password extension. The code is minified, so I can't tell what the problem is (it's in function "oa").

1Password Version: 5.3.2
Extension Version: 4.5.0.1
OS Version: 10.10.4
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: kb-search:javascript error

Comments

• Greetings @invictus26,

Can you help us reproduce the issue please, I'm trying to get the same JavaScript error but I haven't managed to so far. Is the error present if only the 1Password extension is enabled and is the error present if you are only using a single Chrome profile (opposed to multiple profiles being open). Lastly is it every form? could you supply an example where you've seen the issue please. We definitely want to know about all bugs, I just need to be able to reproduce so that I can write it up properly. Hopefully you can help me replicate the error and we can discover the cause :smile:

• invictus26
    invictus26
    Community Member
    edited September 2015

I'll try to make a test site or something to test it more thoroughly, it looks like it is a problem with the code.

function Y(a, b) { if (-1 === window.location.href.indexOf('chrome-extension://') && -1 === window.location.href.indexOf('safari-extension://')) { var c = null , c = b ? R.f(a, !0) : R.f(null , !1); if ((S(c) || a && !a.opfilled) && c) {...

In this function, a is the form being submitted. c is being set to R.f(a, true). In that call, the form is processed into this object:

g = {shouldSave: false, fields: Array[3], form: form#edit_user_1.simple_form.wizard-form.js-invitation-form}

then:

if (g.shouldSave) { ...do stuff else { c = null } return c

So c is null. In function S, c is passed to oa, which calls i() on c, which causes the error. I think that the i function it's looking for is this:

i: function() { return (this.a.secureContents || {}).fields }

Hopefully that helps, and I'll try to make a test case this weekend.

• Hi @invictus26,

When I asked for an example I certainly didn't mean for you to go way and build one, that would be a very big ask on our part. If you can supply the URL for a site where you see this error and we can reproduce then we can run a debug version of the extension and identify the cause. The key is replication and identification :smile:

• invictus26
    invictus26
    Community Member

It's hard to find an example because I usually only have the developer tools open when I'm working on sites for work, but you could try this: https://mydobot.com

• Hi @invictus26,

That was perfect, I now see the error you're seeing and I've pinned down the precise location of it in the code. I shall pass this on.

This discussion has been closed.