Unable to sync with existing vault on dropbox

Options
AlCourt
AlCourt
Community Member

Hi all, having some trouble today while setting up my new 6S (iOS 9.0.1).

I have an exisiting Vault stored in Dropbox, works fine on all other platforms. I have installed and connected Dropbox on my 6S and it is functioning correctly.

When I open 1Password, I select sync with existing, Dropbox, Allow access, select the vault in the next screen and then I am presented with a blank screen. Nothing ever loads on that screen.

I have tried quitting both apps, resetting the phone, reinstalling drop box, etc to no avail. I am at a loss at the moment as to how to fix my issue...

If anyone could offer any suggestions I would be grateful.

Cheers

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@AlCourt: Oh dear. It sounds like something's really going wrong with the Dropbox authentication handoff. I'm sorry for the trouble! Fortunately, I've had a similar issue myself, so perhaps this will work for you too: delete the Dropbox app. No, really! 1Password can actually authenticate with the Dropbox servers all on its own, and only hands off to the Dropbox app if it happens to be installed. It sounds like that may be the one thing you didn't try! So if it's failing for you there, see if 1Password is able to do it instead. Then reinstall the Dropbox app once 1Password is set up. I hope this helps! :)

• AlCourt
    AlCourt
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @brenty thank you very much! Seems to have fixed my issue. Did not realise the Dropbox app wasn't required, TIL!

Great help, thank you! :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Excellent! Thanks for the update. You're most welcome! The Dropbox app is not required, but it's pretty handy...unless there's a problem. ;)

You should be all set, but we're here if you need us. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.