Where's the 1Password widget?

Options
intellogger
intellogger
Community Member

Hello 1Password Support. Just after downloading the latest iOS 9.0.1 for my iPhone 5, I noticed a 1Password widget show up on my lock screen.
I like having these on my lock screen as they offer quick access to the app. To my surprise, it has disappeared after being there for about 5 minutes. How to get it back?

Thanks,
Daniel

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:widget

Comments

• Hi Daniel ( @intellogger ),

I'm not sure I know what you're referring to. We don't have anything specific in our app to cause it to show on the lock screen. Could you please elaborate?

Ben

• intellogger
    intellogger
    Community Member
    Options

Greetings Ben. Thanks for the quick reply. By Widget, I mean the little icons that appear on the bottom of the lock screen. It's similar to the camera widget that is there now. The purpose is to instantly launch the app instead of looking for it inside the OS. Another example would be when you are near a Starbucks, the widget (Starbucks Logo) appears on the lock screen so you can launch the app quickly. See the attached picture below. When I saw the 1Password widget it was the 1Password Logo in the bottom left corner of the lock screen.

• Thanks, @intellogger. I did some research on this, as it isn't a feature I personally have used. It appears that these "suggested apps" appear based on location, and is not something that app developers have much, if any, control over:
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/26082414/make-app-appear-as-ios-8-suggested-app-at-lockscreen

While it would certainly be cool to put 1Password on your home screen at all times it doesn't appear we have the option to do that, nor does that appear to be the intended use of the feature.

Sorry I don't have a better answer for you!

Ben

• intellogger
    intellogger
    Community Member
    Options

Very odd that it randomly showed up?

Thanks,
    Daniel

• Not necessarily odd, no. At least not from my reading of how the feature is designed to work.

Ben

• intellogger
    intellogger
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben. The widget seems to be reappearing in the early morning while on my home network and then disappearing for the rest of the day. I managed to get a screen shot this time. (see pic below) What is the trigger that makes it appear?

Thanks,
    Daniel

• Hi @intellogger,

You can read more about the "Suggested Apps" feature of iOS here:
    http://www.gottabemobile.com/2014/09/28/how-to-use-suggested-apps-in-ios-8/

Thanks.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.