New iPhone 6s won't sync

Options
rcompton
rcompton
Community Member

New phone - previously backed up to iCloud successfully. All settings on new 6s are per your help file. Still won't sync - iCloud and iCloud Drive are on. Help!

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@rcompton: Unfortunately without some basic information it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! Please tell me the OS, 1Password, and device versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action.

The more information you can give, the better. For instance, are you receiving some sort of error message? Be sure to try the steps in this guide, as they'll help narrow down the issue. Please let me know. I look forward to hearing back from you! :)

Community Member
    Options

Same here....picked up the new 6s today and 1Password won't sync. Mine goes into a screen that says 'Looking up iCloud information........at the top of the phone the little wheel of death just keeps spinning and spinning......I've let it go for 40 minutes so far and nothing. I'm running iOS 9.0.1 on both the phone and iPad....no problems with the iPad.
    I did sync it with Dropbox but want to use the cloud

Community Member
    Options

Same here....picked up the new 6s today and 1Password won't sync. Mine goes into a screen that says 'Looking up iCloud information........at the top of the phone the little wheel of death just keeps spinning and spinning......I've let it go for 40 minutes so far and nothing. I'm running iOS 9.0.1 on both the phone and iPad....no problems with the iPad.
    I did sync it with Dropbox but want to use the cloud

• rcompton
    rcompton
    Community Member
    Options

Circling back - was forced to create a new vault but would like to proceed with attempting to restore original vault. iOS is 9.01. App version 6.01. Have not stopped and started iCloud on device because out of fear it will erase in backup on my new device while I'm still in the midst of a new configure. If there are guides how the info from 1password can be backed up to multiple locations that would be appreciated.

• MikeT
    edited September 2015
    Options

Hi guys,

1. First, please make sure you've updated 1Password, you should be running 1Password 6.0.1 that has a potential fix for the iCloud sync. Also, update iOS to iOS 9.0.1 if you haven't done so yet.
    2. Plug the power into the iPhone, restart the 1Password app by opening the app switcher, swipe 1Password up to terminate it, and open 1Password again.

Does that work?

@rcompton: here's the guide that will back up your 1Password data on IOS devices: https://support.1password.com/ios-itunes-backups/

This discussion has been closed.