Trying to sync 1Password Pro iOS 3.7.2 with Mac (Version 5.3)

Options
Zenboy
Zenboy
Community Member
edited September 2015 in iOS

Hi there,

I try to sync my 1Password library on my Mac (Version 5.3) with my iPad 1 (1Password Pro 3.7.2). Well, wifi sync is pretty impossible (the iPad wants me to enter the Security Codes on my Mac, the Mac wants me to do it on iPad), iTunes file sharing was not existing with 3.7.2, I'm not using Dropbox. I tried using "Backup & Restore. But the extracted file from my desktop version is not usable for the iPad (error message in browser).

How can I sync the iPad with the Mac ? Given the fact that I can not upgrade to 1 Password 5 or later given the hardware. Thanks for your help.

1Password Version: 1Password Pro 3.7.2
_Extension Version:
Not Provided
OS Version: 1Password 5.3
_Sync Type: any that will sync
_Referrer
: kb:legacy-wifi-sync

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2015
    Options

@Zenboy: 1Password for Mac version 5 wasn't designed to sync with 1Password touch version 3, as the former was developed long after the latter was discontinued and pulled from the App Store.

Similarly, Dropbox discontinued their old API which 1Password touch version 3 used back in 2013, so that won't work anyway — Dropbox isn't listening on the other end.

You can use Wi-Fi Sync between 1Password touch version 3 with 1Password for Mac version 3 (you can download it from the "legacy" section of our website), as these use the same protocol and were designed to work together. I hope this helps! :)

• Zenboy
    Zenboy
    Community Member
    Options

Copy that. So the only way to keep my Passwords on my iPad is to run two 1Password Versions on desktop. Is there a possibility to make both versions use the library ? So if I change/add an ID it will change in both versions ? (I'm using an 5S with 1Password 5 too…) Or do I have to change the library of 1Password 3 every time manually… ? Thanks for your quick answer

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Zenboy: It is really best not to try to use the older version alongside new. If you make changes in both, 1Password touch version 3 doesn't know anything about the new data which v4 and up can read and write, and this can lead so some confusion.

That said, if you're okay with only making edits in the newer version, you can absolutely use the same vault with both 1Password 3 and 1Password 5 on the Mac. But that can get confusion as well. Let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.