Deleting Primary Vault

Options
rsala
rsala
Community Member

Hello!

I fist used 1password with windows and started syncing with dropbox, then I installed it on my iOs devices and selected iCloud syncing but realiced it would not work with my windows based devices. When I switched back my iOs to Dropbox syncing I ended with two vauls, primary which is not updated and not used and the one I use.

How can I get rid of the primary vault? It seems I can not delete it from the app.

Thanks for your help!
Rafael

Comments

• Hi @rsala,

You cannot delete the primary vault because that determines the entire 1Password database file, you will need to reset the database to change the primary vault to be the one from your Windows app.

First, disable the sync with Dropbox for your secondary vault in 1Password's Settings > Vaults.

Now, in 1Password's Settings, go to Advanced and tap on Erase Data and Settings. Confirm the deletion, open 1Password again, this time select Sync existing vault > Sync with Dropbox and choose your vault from the PC.

You should now be all set to go.

• flips_56Into
    flips_56Into
    Community Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

This solution was helpful, Mike. I have a Macbook Air and iPhone and had to wipe the Macbook.

With the info. you posted I was able to delete the old primary vault (which had nothing in it). Then I synced both vaults.

Prior to wiping the MBA, I didn't have time to do much with 1P and bought it with the intention of using it later on, which is now. : ) I'm really happy with 1P.

I had been using Keychain and I used the secure notes feature in it a lot. Well, I found out the hard way that those secure notes aren't synced or backed up to iCloud. So all of that data was lost.

1P is the way to go to save yourself a lot of frustration. My MBA is 5 years old and it was filling itself up with data. None of the suggested fixes I found solved it. I think that after a while all of the updates and installs are too much for the OS and it just goes crazy. To anyone who comes across my post, buy 1P if you haven't already!

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update, and for the kinds words, @flips_56Into! I'm glad to hear that Mike's post was helpful, and that 1Password has been such a boon for you.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.