How to delete a login iPad

Options
edtuck
edtuck
Community Member

I accidentally saved a login with a typo on the username. I subsequently created a valid login. I would like to delete the invalid one.

New to 1pw. Using iOS 9 on a mini 4
Have a Mac Air on the desktop but have not yet added 1pw to it.

Tx.

1Password Version: 6.x
Extension Version: not sure
OS Version: ios 9.0.1
Sync Type: wifi eventually
Referrer: forum-search:How to delete a login iPad

Comments

• MikeT
    edited September 2015
    Options

Hi @edtuck,

To delete the item, edit it and scroll to the bottom, there'll be a delete button at the very bottom.

Let us know if you need help setting 1Password up and syncing your data from iOS to Mac. This guide will help: https://support.1password.com/sync-options/

• edtuck
    edtuck
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry mike t but I am a total newbie:
    1. How do I locate the login info in order to edit it? I've looked and looked, can't find the usernames etc associated with any login so that I can edit/delete.

• edtuck
    edtuck
    Community Member
    Options

Also Mike t.....

My Mac air is running 10.9.5.....a step below what the 1pw free app will install on.
    I'm unwilling to invest $50 for the paid version. And I'm unwilling to move up to Yosemite. Both for now. If you have a workaround I'm all ears. Otherwise it may be a showstopper.

For now. I am still in trial mode for password management. Have tried last pass and Dashlane. Still looking for paradise.

Ed t

• littlebobbytables
    Options

Greetings @edtuck,

You first want to select the categories view and then tap on the Search bar to search your vault. The following image should help.

The small icon circled in the lower left corner of the partial screenshot is the Categories icon. Tapping that should make 1Password look a lot like the screenshot, then you simply tap the other highlighted area to bring up the keyboard for typing your search term. With the item selected it will display to the right and there will be an Edit button in the top right hand corner just below where the battery icon is.

Now to clarify, 1Password for Mac is a paid for application no matter what version of OS X you're running. I only state that as it almost sounds like you believe one version of it is free. It does operate in a trial mode to start with all functionality enabled. Once the trial ends it will restrict your ability to add and edit items if your vault is over a particular size. Now we do have sales every so often that reduce the price of 1Password for Mac and these sales are advertised on the likes of Twitter and Facebook if you're interested. If you want to manage your vault on a Mac though it will require a licence once the trial expires.

Hopefully this helped on how to locate an item in your vault in 1Password for iOS, please do let us know if you're still struggling to locate the item to delete it.

• edtuck
    edtuck
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you littlebobbytables. Your help was comprehensive. It worked. I'm minimally qualified now.

The twist to my intuition came because the logins were within the Categories menu. I am only interested in web login for the time being. My crazy brain did not think logins would be subservient to the Categories menu.....was thinking about categories as in health, dining, etc. Safari, Evernote, etc. brain.

Re the Mac: I am willing to pay.......IF the app works for me. A trial version is fine. The Mac App Store only offered to click on the $49.95 icon. Cnet or somebody offered me the trial version. Which needed Yosemite.

Are you saying I should click on the App Store $49.95 icon and I will get the trial? Before my credit card gets hit or do I need to cancel within 30 days.

I am only a fixed income senior who does not "do" Facebook or Twitter......regularly. Any senior discounts?

Again, so far 1pw is holding up. Thank you for your help.

Edtuck

• edtuck
    edtuck
    Community Member
    Options

Ps. I need to store less than 20 logins in 1pw.

Advice?

Edtuck

• MikeT
    edited September 2015
    Options

Hi @edtuck,

Apple does not offer trials for any apps at their App Stores. You can get our trial of the web version at our downloads page here: http://agilebits.com/downloads

Click on the Download Now below 1Password for Mac, which will download 1Password 5.3 and it supports Yosemite as well as the upcoming El Capitan in a few weeks.

1Password will remain free to use with less than 20 items but if you exceed this number after 30 days, it will expire and prevent you from adding new items until you buy a license.

Please do contact us at support+license@agilebits.com if you would like to buy 1Password and we'll see what we can do for you in terms of the senior discounts.

Also, please do not download 1Password anywhere else beside our own site, we do not authorize anyone to offer hosting of our files, that means CNet as well.

• edtuck
    edtuck
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, stumped again. I installed 1pw 4 on my Mac. Told the iPad app to sync via icloud. It did. The Mac app said it had found one item. Entered master password but no logins are showing on the Mac.

Revision: I created a new login on the Mac. Told the iPad to sync over wifi. After a couple of tries it worked. Each login created on eac device showed up on the other.

Thanks for your help. I'm ok for now.

Very impressed with 1pw support....meaning you!

Thanks, Edtuck

• edtuck
    edtuck
    Community Member
    Options

This is subsequent to my last reply.

Cannot sync with wifi. I created a third login on my iPad. Trying to sync but the iPad is not seeing my Mac like it did 50 minutes ago. Then I was 2 feet from my Mac and 3 feet from my router. Now 15 feet and one wood wall.

Just went back to the 2 feet position and same result......the iPad not displaying the name of my Mac. I've tried relaunching both apps and restarting both devices. Same result.

App is open on the Mac.

Suggestions pls.

Tx, edtuck

• edtuck
    edtuck
    Community Member
    Options

Also tried syncing with iCloud. Mac did not gat the new login.

I'm bummed, had been satisfied.

Edtuck

• edtuck
    edtuck
    Community Member
    Options

Ps I'm running 1pw v4 on my Mac. Using Mavericks.
    Probably not relevant because all worked fine once.

Edtuck

• edtuck
    edtuck
    Community Member
    Options

I guess things are solved, for now.

Google/Agile told me the wifi secret dialog box needs to be open on the Mac. New info to me but livable. Then my Mac displayed on the iPad and the secrets matched but things stalled out at "Sync Started". So I generated a new secret. Then norton firewall popped up. It offered options for allowing contact with this ip. I said always.

Sync now successful. Reliability TBD.

TX, EDtuck

• edtuck
    edtuck
    Community Member
    Options

Still on the learning curve.......

Upon another sync attempt 9 minutes later my iPad did not find my Mac.

Lesson learned is that the Mac needs to generate a new secret before the iPad can discover it.

Make sense to you?

Edtuck

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Very impressed with 1pw support....meaning you!

@edtuck: Indeed! MikeT is great, and I'm glad he was able to help you! :chuffed:

I'm sorry to hear about your sync troubles, though. To be clear, Wi-Fi Sync must be done manually when both devices are present, but this gives you some control over when you sync your data. iCloud and Dropbox sync on the other hand can happen automatically in the background, but it's up to their servers to transfer the data between your devices; this can either be delightful when it happens quickly or without us noticing, or frustrating and confusing when it takes some time for things to transfer.

Lesson learned is that the Mac needs to generate a new secret before the iPad can discover it.

You shouldn't have to generate a new Secret add to 1Password for iOS unless you Disable Sync there, because then you'll have to set it up again. The iPad and Mac should be fine, but it may be that Norton needs additional rules to allow the two to connect. Anything saying 1Password or Bonjour (which is Apple's protocol which 1Password uses to communicate between devices) will need to be allowed. But also note that since you told Norton to 'always allow this IP', you'll have to do it again if your IP address changes, which can happen periodically.

I hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any other questions. We're here for you! :)

• edtuck
    edtuck
    Community Member
    Options

It seems the trick needs to be that the "secret" window on the Mac needs to be kept open. Which is not a problem.

Make sense?

Edtuck

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@edtuck: You don't need to have the Wi-Fi Preferences open, but the Wi-Fi sync server does need to be enabled and 1Password for Mac must be unlocked for it to sync your data. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.