Pro Features Won't Transfer

Options
acarney10
acarney10
Community Member

Just got the iPhone 6S and did a full iCloud Restore from my old iPhone 5S using the same Apple ID. Opened 1Password and pro features were gone. Tapped "restore purchases" and got the "failed to restore purchases" message. I tried deleting and reinstalling the app, still no luck. How do I get my pro features back?

Comments

• kr12
    kr12
    Community Member
    Options

Similar problem, except I did a restore from iTunes. The 1Password app shows under the list of purchased apps for my appleid.

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Options

@kr12

I believe the app would show up as purchased, no matter if you purchased the pro features of not. I don't recall Apple having a listing of In App Purchase. Unless of course you were a pro customer pre 1Password 5 iOS ? Did you purchase prior to 1Password 5 debuting on the App Store ?

• kr12
    kr12
    Community Member
    Options

The app showing up in App Store confirms, I think, that I purchased using the appleid I'm currently using - not family shared.

Yes, I did buy pre 1Password 5

• littlebobbytables
    Options

Hello @kr12,

My understanding is the Restore Purchase button won't help here if it's a grandfathered purchase. Do you have vault stored elsewhere so that you could try removing the 1Password for iOS app and downloading a fresh copy? If you're not positive that your vault is accessible elsewhere you don't want to do this but I would be interested to know if the Pro features return as a result.

• littlebobbytables
    Options

Hi @acarney10,

I have a couple of questions.

1. Did you purchase the Pro features from inside 1Password 5 for iOS or were they enabled as a previous customer of 1Password 4 for iOS?
    2. I know in the past we've also seen differences depending on how 1Password for iOS was re-installed, was it all done on the iOS device or did you re-install using iTunes?
    3. As a sanity check, can you see either your 1Password 4 for iOS purchase or the in-app Pro features purchase in your purchase history in the iTunes Store?

Hopefully we can figure out what's happening in your case too and get you back up and running.

• kr12
    kr12
    Community Member
    Options

@littlebobbytables - I have the vault synched with other devices so I suppose I could remove the app and start again, but how would that resolve the problem? Wouldn't I still get an app with asking me to cough up to for an in-app purchase?

• littlebobbytables
    Options

Hi @kr12,

Possibly not. The Restore Purchases button will only restore an in-app purchase. With grandfathered purchases like yours and mine 1Password there isn't a way to force 1Password except to have it check when it's launched for the first time. It's a pain but it has been effective in the past for many. I recently discovered we have a way to remove the in-app purchase for testing purposes. Of course it means I have to remove the app completely afterwards to re-enable as mine is a grandfathered purchase.

As I say, it's a bit of a pain but if you have your vaults safely stored elsewhere it's worth a shot.

This discussion has been closed.