PIN Incorrect

Options
KaPOWitsCHRIS
KaPOWitsCHRIS
Community Member

Hi

I have set a pin for 1Password on my iPad mini 2. However it does not work at all. I go to my vault and I am asked to input my pin, I do this but it says incorrect and asks for my master password. So I go into security and once again set my pin, exit and reenter and it still tells me it is wrong.

Help?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: ug:ios/, kb:forgot-master-password, kb:master-password-not-accepted, kb:how-safe-is-cloud-sync, kb-search:Pin

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@KaPOWitsCHRIS: Unfortunately without some basic information it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! Please tell me the exact OS, 1Password, and device versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action.

The more information you can give, the better. For instance, if you're not able to unlock 1Password after setting a PIN, how are you able to change it again? Thanks in advance! :)

• KaPOWitsCHRIS
    KaPOWitsCHRIS
    Community Member
    Options

I bit the bullet and decided to uninstall and reinstall, this has fixed the issue. Thanks for your response however, @brenty

• Thanks for the update @KaPOWitsCHRIS! Glad to hear you were able to find a solution.

Ben

• clanhep
    clanhep
    Community Member
    Options

I had the same problem with the same resolution. It seems there's a bug in the change PIN process.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for letting us know, @clanhep! We'll continue to investigate.

This discussion has been closed.