Credit Cards in two groups:Very Often and Not Available. What's Not Available??

Options

This concerns the 1Password application on my iMac.

When I select Credit Cards in my sidebar, the display shows five cards in two groups. The groups are labeled Very Often and Not Available. What does Not Available mean? The three cards below that are two cards with expiration dates that need to be updated, and one where all the data is valid. I see why the first two are in that category, but the last seems to be in the wrong group.

1Password Version: 5.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.10.5
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Credit Cards in two groups:Very Often and Not Available. What's Not Available??

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

You have changed the sort order to Frequency Used. If you click the down arrow at the top of the list in the second column of the main 1P5 app you can change it back to Title...or whatever you wish.

Stephen

• bobgoldstein1passwrd
    Options

But what does Not Available mean?

And incidentally, I did not change the sort order; that's the way it has always been on my system. I didn't even know there was a sort order choice until I started to peer curiously at this Not Available category. Is it possible that Not Available means that the expiration date has been passed?

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

I would guess that Not Available, in that context, means that you've not used the relevant login either at all or sufficiently often for its frequency of use to be assessed.

Stephen

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@bobgoldstein1passwrd: Indeed. The default is sorted by Name, and this is hard-coded into the app. it will only change if you (or someone else) changes it, so it's possible it was just clicked by mistake and not noticed until now. Not Available means what Stephen_C surmised: these are cards added to 1Password but not actually used (with the possible exception of a reset, since this data isn't part of your vault). I hope this helps! :)

• bobgoldstein1passwrd
    Options

Thanks! So what is Not Available is not the credit card, but the data for frequency of use. A possible improvement might be Frequency Undetermined.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@bobgoldstein1passwrd, I'm glad that Stephen and brenty were able to help explain that! I'm sorry it wasn't clearer, and I can see how that would be a bit confusing - especially if you don't remember ever changing the sort order. Thanks for the suggestion to use "Frequency Undetermined" instead of "Not Available" - I can't promise anything, but I can forward that suggestion to our developers to let them know.

If you have more questions or need anything else, be sure to let us know - we're always happy to help. :)

• Robert_McKay
    Robert_McKay
    Community Member
    Options

I also got confused by this. It is one of the very few things that I have found non-intuitive about your great software. I think that "Frequency Undetermined" (or something even simpler) is a much better heading than "Not Available".

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Robert_McKay: Sorry about that! Hopefully we'll be able to make this clearer in a future version.

This discussion has been closed.