Options
2»

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @smollica2,

It looks like LaunchBar is trying to access the 3rd party app integration file for the AgileBits Store version of 1Password, which won't exist if you've only used the Mac App Store version.

After further testing, one case when Prefer App Store version appears under the Options tab of 1Password Bookmarks in the LaunchBar Index (like in my first reply) is when the 3rd party app integration file exists for both versions. And there are conditions causing LaunchBar to ignore the file when it only exists for the Mac App Store version, as seems to be happening for you.

Enabling Enable integration with 3rd party apps under 1Password's Advanced Preferences creates this file (and keeps it updated):

[AgileBits Store version]
    ~/Library/Application Support/1Password 4/3rd Party Integration/bookmarks-default.json

[Mac App Store version]
    ~/Library/Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper/Data/Library/3rd Party Integration/bookmarks-default.json

Disabling Enable integration with 3rd party apps removes the file (but not the folder).

I don't know all the details of how LaunchBar is handling the 3rd party app integration file(s) after successful creation/updates or removal by 1Password. Have you contacted Objective Development for support?

• smollica2
    smollica2
    Community Member
    Options

This is what I have in the two library folders. They don't appear to be the same files you mention?

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @smollica2,

Back on October 18th you posted:

This is what I got using the terminal command.

That's the 3rd party integration file created by the Mac App Store version of 1Password:

~/Library/Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper/Data/Library/3rd Party Integration/bookmarks-default.json

If you're still using the Mac App Store version of 1Password and that file still exists but LaunchBar isn't indexing it then I encourage you to contact Objective Development for assistance:

Objective Development - Support & Help Center

LaunchBar is their product so they'll understand exactly what can prevent LaunchBar from indexing that file better than I do. :)

• smollica2
    smollica2
    Community Member
    Options

OK.

I am using the App Store version. I deleted all plist files in preferences (There were three) and I no longer get the warning re integration.

I can now search for logins through Launchbar. Cool.

Thanks,

Sal

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hurray! That's great news, Sal.

Sounds like you ran into the same issue with something in 1Password plist files interfering with LaunchBar's handling of the bookmarks-default.json 3rd party integration file that rdonle explained earlier. It should not be necessary to remove those plist files, but I'm glad that workaround did work for you like it did for rdonle. :+1:

• tullyhansen
    tullyhansen
    Community Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

Just chiming in to say thanks, the pref delete workaround upthread fixed my integration issues/nagging dialog I'd seen crop up in recent (6.x?) 1P builds.

EDIT: Posted too soon! My freshly-pref-deleted 1P 6.0.2.BETA-2 had its bookmarks indexed by LaunchBar 6.5 no worries; after a relaunch and a re-setup of my preferences (Dropbox sync merged with existing data, mostly, 3rd Party Integration still checked) I get the dreaded 'Integration with 3rd party apps is disabled in 1Password.' dialog again…

(Not expecting a fix, just setting aside my dream of 1P and LB playing nicely together again, for now…!)

• Hi @tullyhansen,

There's a bug in 6.0 where on the first launch of it, we aren't setup right to store the preference for 3rd Party Integrations (and the codesign verification setting). I fixed that up last night and a fix for it should be appearing in a beta soon.

The workaround for this bug is to restart both the main app and mini. It's only during the first launch that it should fail to remember that setting.

There's an issue with LaunchBar and how they detect that 1Password has that option checked. I've talked to one of the LaunchBar developers and they plan on fixing that.

Hope this helps.

Rick

This discussion has been closed.