1Password for Android - allow support for multiple URLs & improve 1Password Keyboard auto fill

GoShawn
GoShawn
Community Member

Mac and IOS allows for multiple URLs for a stored password. Android does not. I saw a post from back in May saying this would be asked about and the subsequently closed.

Why is this important? Auto login via the Android Keyboard doesn't work unless you have the "url" of the app.

On my Mac, I can go to my-tmobile.com and hit "CMD + |" and my login is provided to the website. This works because the login URL of the site is in 1Password.

On Android, using the 1Password Keyboard in the My T-Mobile app, I have to search for the password. Why? Because the Android app has a url of: "com.mobile.pr.mytmobile"

I added this URL on my IOS device and sync'd it via Dropbox to my 1Password app on Android. However, the 2nd url that is in my vault, on my mac and iOS devices, is not showing up in Android, and because of that, the convenience of Auto Fill on Android via the 1Password keyboard is lost.

Sooooo, if there can be multiple URL support in a password file for Android, Auto Fill will become much more valuable as it will increase efficiency and productivity and reduce the number of taps and swipes when using 1Password's keyboard for auto fill.

Please consider this as a new feature for the next release.

Thanks,
//Shawn

1Password Version: 4.5.3b1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 5.1
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hi @GoShawn. Thanks for your thoughtful feedback. I do agree that being able to have multiple URLs for a login is important for filling. We have an open issue to add support for multiple URLs, and I'll go ahead and add your vote.
    ref: OPA-55

We're working on a number of changes to 1Password on Android, and while I can't promise that this will be in the next release, we are hoping to add it in the near future.

In the meantime, as a workaround, you could create additional Logins in your vault for the multiple URLs. It's not ideal, I know, but it may help with filling in the meantime.

Let us know if you have any other feedback. Thanks! :)

• GoShawn
    GoShawn
    Community Member

Hi and thanks for the reply. Didn't think about a second login. Duh! < Face <--- Palm >. :p

That'll definitely do the trick!

• I'm glad that solution works for you for now. :lol: Let us know if you need anything else!

This discussion has been closed.