Feature Request: Ability to move "Section" titles or whole sections in item details

Options
RDSearls
RDSearls
Community Member
edited October 2015 in Mac

There is no way to move section titles around, or create new sections in between existing ones. You can move the custom fields around but not sections. This limits your ability to organize information when you need to update or add new information to certain Categories like Secure Notes.

1Password Version: 5.4.BETA-45 (540045)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.10.5
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Feature Request

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @RDSearls,

It does indeed. I've only felt the need to do this once but it did mean a lot of moving stuff around, a bit like the Tower of Hanoi. In other words it isn't ideal and we do realise. We have an existing feature request for this and I've added your comment as another vote to see it happen. You've said that you're running the beta which means that you'll be one of the first to see it once the developers find time to address this. Fingers crossed as I do understand your point.

ref: OPM-1289

• 1password_forum
    1password_forum
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, I'd like to request this feature as well: the ability to move a section (up or down) after it's being created.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @1password_forum,

I have added your voice to the choir :smile:

• wagnerone
    wagnerone
    Community Member
    Options

+1 (+30!) on this from me. I sent a feature request for this a good while ago. Just coming around again to request it again.

I encounter a need to rearrange/insert Sections on almost a daily basis.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @wagnerone,

Thanks for letting us know (again) that you'd like to be able to rearrange/insert sections in your items! I'll add your new comments to our internal tracker to let our developers know. :)

ref: OPM-1289

• wagnerone
    wagnerone
    Community Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

Thanks @Drew_AG! I think it's even more important we can organize Sections with the advent of Teams. When I was solo in my vaults I could make sense of things I'd done more readily, but with potentially 50+ in my Team vaults at some point, the organization aspect becomes much more relevant.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Good point! Thanks! :)

• BDROYE
    BDROYE
    Community Member
    Options

Please, I too see a pressing and absolute need for this feature. Let us know when it will be rolled out. Thanks.

• @BDROYE I've added your vote to our internal tracker. Thanks for getting in touch with interest. :)

• glenn1p
    glenn1p
    Community Member
    Options

Add my vote too please. I use secure notes for the vast majority of my entries.

I also encourage newcomers to 1Password to start with secure notes since the notepad paradigm is easy to understand and doesn't break when website pages change.

I'm going to post this elsewhere, but the section titles ought to be searchable too.

• Great, thanks for your vote!

Cheers,
    Kevin

This discussion has been closed.