Sync with Tresorit

Options
mhenrixon
mhenrixon
Community Member

Due to having to have multiple phones (one Swedish number and one German) I have chosen Android for one of the numbers due to it being a whole lot cheaper than iOS. For that reason I've had to sync over Dropbox and everything has been mostly fine until recently when Dropbox started emptying files for me and then telling me BS when I ask them to restore the files in questions since they messed up.

Since the silly amount I pay them yearly they should have been more helpful and now they will loose a customer when I make a move to Tresorit (https://tresorit.com/). I'd like to be able to sync my passwords using Tresorit instead of Dropbox since iTunes is not an option and WIFI is just too much work to be useful.

1Password Version: 5.0.1
Extension Version: Latest
OS Version: 10.11
Sync Type: Tresorit
Referrer: forum-search:sync

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mhenrixon,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you had with your Dropbox account! I hope you don't mind, but I've moved your message to our Android forum, as it sounds like your feature request is for the Android version of 1Password.

I'm not familiar with Tresorit, but if it works similarly to Dropbox, you can probably use it with 1Password for Mac via Folder sync. However, that wouldn't currently work with the Android (or iOS) version of 1Password, as we'd have to add support for the Tresorit service there. I can certainly let our developers know you would like to see that added to 1Password (although I can't say for sure if or when that will happen).

Thanks for taking the time to let us know about that! If you need anything else, we're here for you. :)

• mhenrixon
    mhenrixon
    Community Member
    Options

I'd like that functionality for all platforms since I am using it for Mac, Windows, iOS and Android at the moment,

• peri
    Options

Thanks for the update, @mhenrixon. I'll forward your request for Tresorit support to our developers. :)

In the meantime, if you can sync folders using Tresorit, you may be able to sync 1Password on Android with local storage. This creates a folder in your Android's local storage with a .agilekeychain suffix. You might be able to sync that folder (which is your vault), with your other devices using Tresorit.

Let us know if you have any other questions or feedback. Thanks!

• mhenrixon
    mhenrixon
    Community Member
    Options

I'll give it a go! One of the best things with Tresorit is that they handle any folder anywhere and don't force me to have everything inside the same folder. It will be interesting to see how they handle merging from multiple devices.

Neither Dropbox nor iCloud seems like reliable alternatives and I have had nothing but trouble with either of them.

• peri
    Options

I hear you. :) If you do give it a go, please let us know how it works out for you!

• shioma
    shioma
    Community Member
    Options

Hi!

Any updates on this topic? Would really apreciate the option to sync via Tresorit rather than iCloud or Dropbox..

Cheers!

• peri
    Options

@shioma Unfortunately I don't have any news for you regarding Tresorit. Since we're working on improving the sync solutions we already support, as well as our Teams/Families solution, I don't believe supporting other third-party cloud services is a big priority at the moment. I'll add your vote, though!

For the time being, you're welcome to sync your vault with local storage, and upload the .agilekeychain folder to Tresorit if you'd like to sync that way. :)

This discussion has been closed.