Sales advice: Team of 5, which licence type do we go for?

JasonBagley
JasonBagley
Community Member

We're currently using Basecamp for notes only (legacy decision - since we did use it for everything else, but moved over to Trello for project management) and that is where we store all our passwords / FTP details etc for all our client projects. I want to move everyone over to 1Password since both myself and my business partner use it in our personal capacity.

In total, there are 5 of us - 4 Mac users, 1 Windows user. I want to use shared vaults of course, since that seems to be the best way to give my staff access to client passwords etc. We also have a bunch of notes on each client project which I assume I can also share with my staff?

So my question is, in order for our team to effectively use 1Password, which licence's do I purchase? Would I have to get each staff member to purchase it via the Mac App store in order to sync? What happens when they leave my company?

Thanks!
Jason

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2015

Hi @JasonBagley -

If you're using 1Password in an organizational/business setting, then you'll want to purchase from our business store. You'll need a four-seat license for 1Password 5 for Mac and a single seat of 1Password 4 for Windows, which can be purchased from our individual/consumer store.

To share vaults, you'll need to use Dropbox as your sync method, as it's the only one of our sync methods that supports vault sharing and works cross-platform currently. When people leave your company, it's up to you what you decide to do with the data they have, but in terms of licenses you can have as many people using 1Password at any one time as you purchased a seat for. And if you grow (hope so!) and your needs increase, you can always purchase more seats of 1Password in whatever configuration you need.

• JasonBagley
    JasonBagley
    Community Member

Thanks Lars!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

You're quite welcome, @JasonBagley! Feel free to ping us anytime during the process, if you have questions about sales or setting up 1Password. Welcome aboard! :-)

This discussion has been closed.