Sync Bug

Options
alex_ndc
alex_ndc
Community Member

Hello,

I'm using 1Password on Android, iOS, OS X and Windows - being a multi-platform kind of guy.

I've created a new password on OS X (version 5 of 1Password), then synced it with my Android, then converted it on OS X to a Login. But the change, while it synced fine with my iPhone, it did not sync to my Android. I then created another Login entry to another service and that new entry did sync, whereas the original entry on my Android remained in limbo and I could do nothing about it except to reinstall 1Password on my Android.

I'd also appreciate if you updated the Android app to use Android's Material Design, as the rest of the apps I have installed. Please don't leave Android to be a second-class citizen. I'd also appreciate if you supported Linux with a native client as well.

Cheers,

1Password Version: 4.5.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• peri
    edited October 2015
    Options

Hey @alex_ndc.

The first issue you mentioned is a known bug. Essentially, if you create a Password item on Mac, and then convert it to a Login, when you sync with Android, the item remains in the Passwords category, rather than the Logins category.
    ref: OPA-365

We're hoping to get this fixed for a future update. That said, you seem to have discovered the workaround, which is to recreate the item as a Login. Once you've done that, it syncs correctly over to Android.

Material Design is one of our most often requested improvements, and we're currently working on a redesign of 1Password. We can't promise when this will be released, but we're hoping it will be very soon. :)

As to a native Linux client--this is another thing that's often requested. Unfortunately, we don't have plans to develop a native Linux client at the moment. However, we would love to be able to do so in the future, resources permitting. If you'd like to check it out, there's an ongoing discussion about Linux support.

Let us know if you have any other questions or problems. Thanks!

• alex_ndc
    alex_ndc
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @peri,

One final concern - I activated the keyboard in Android, however the keyboard is active even in Android's lock screen. I have my Android encrypted and a password required for that lock screen that's pretty strong, certainly much stronger than the 4 digits PIN required by 1Password.

So this is a vulnerability, as 1Password should be disabled after the phone was locked, otherwise somebody else can access its passwords without unlocking the device.

On a final note, I think you're doing a great job.

Cheers,

• peri
    Options

No problem, @alex_ndc. :)

I think this is a valid concern, and I'll forward your feedback regarding the 1Password keyboard and the lock screen to our developers as well. We'll should consider blocking the filling interface from the lock screen.
    ref: OPA-643

Thanks for the kind words! Let me know if you think of anything else!

This discussion has been closed.