Just updated to version 5.4 from the App Store. How can I find LargeType for my passwords?

Alanl12
Alanl12
Community Member

MacBook Pro with El Capitan

1Password Version: 5.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11
Sync Type: Drop Box
Referrer: forum-search:LargeType

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

Click on the down arrow to the right of the password field:

Stephen

• Alanl12
    Alanl12
    Community Member

Thanks Stephen,

Perfect answer.

Alan

• gerham
    gerham
    Community Member

I don't see any menu of preference for this setting.

1Password Version: 5.4
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided
    Referrer: forum-search:Large-type option for passwords -how to enable? which preference?

• datacharmer
    datacharmer
    Community Member
    edited October 2015

Right. I was looking for the same thing.
    It would be nice if there were a keyboard shortcut. Currently, ctrl-cmd-P shows and hides the password, and option shows the password while the key is pressed. I did not find a similar combination for large fonts.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@gerham please see this post of mine here on the forum.

Stephen

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Alanl12,

Sorry we didn't get to your query until just now. I see Stephen has you all sorted out with his answer so all I can really say is if you have other questions please do ask :smile:

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @gerham and @datacharmer,

I've merged your posts into the thread that Stephen gave a link to, since you have the same question. He explains how to use the large type feature in this post.

Hopefully this helps, but please let us know if you need anything else. Thanks! :)

• knowledgeseeker
    knowledgeseeker
    Community Member

The large font on the password field is nice, but it'd be good to have an overall font size adjuster for notes, etc. -- even the username field can't be enlarged. Rather than field-by-field magnification, why not just allow us to change it everywhere?

• @knowledgeseeker That's an interesting suggestion. You could adjust the resolution of your display to be lower so things are larger. In a Secure Note, you can enlarge the font by right-clicking the text field and selecting Font, then Show Fonts. Then adjust the size in the right column. Your changes will still be made in the app's regular font size, but this may help when editing things. Hope that helps. :)

• knowledgeseeker
    knowledgeseeker
    Community Member

penderworth -- thanks. Good to know about the secure notes font option. As it turns out, my own eyesight is good -- so naturally I crank the resolution up on my retina macbook pro until I can't see anything ... never enough screen real estate. Many apps do offer an ability to globally change the working font, and that'd be a nice creature comfort to work toward.

• Jacob
    edited April 2016

No problem at all. We'll keep the working font idea in mind. :+1:

ref: OPM-1099

• MickM
    MickM
    Community Member

I'll add my voice to the chorus. Please make a setting to dial up the text size everywhere within your application. For us old farts, all we care about is that no font we ever come across is less than a certain size. You'll eventually get there too :-).

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

HI @MickM

Thank you for coming and letting us know what you'd like to see in 1Password! I'll pass your suggestion along to our developers :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.