Fill in license in Android app

Options
awerna
awerna
Community Member

I have a single and a family license. I can't fill in the license number as the app only offers in app buy.

1Password Version: 4.5.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 5.1.1
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: kb:add-license

Comments

• peri
    Options

Hi @awerna. Thanks for getting in touch with us today. :)

It looks like your licenses are for 1Password 4 for Windows. These allow you (and your family members) to use 1Password 4 for Windows on all of your Windows devices. However, the Premium features on Android are not covered by this license.

We charge per platform to keep costs down. If we offered a universal license, we would have to charge a lot more, because we still have to support development costs of each platform. This way, our customers can pay just for the versions that they need. As well, we offer bundles whenever possible, for a reduced cost, such as in the case of OS X + Windows, and we will certainly consider expanding this to other platforms in the future.

With that being said, unfortunately because of how the Play Store is designed, we are not able to bundle the premium features on Android with 1Password on other platforms. The in-app purchase is handled directly through the Play Store and is linked to your Google account.

I hope that clarifies things a bit. Please let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.