I use dropbox for my Mac but my passwords are not showing up on my android, why

jtonenet
jtonenet
Community Member

I installed 1password for my mac and used Dropbox for storing my information. I waited for it to fully upload to dropbox before installing on the Android and used my same password, but none of the passwords I stored on the Mac are available on the Android device. Why?
1Password 5
Version 5.3.2 (532001)
Agile Web Store for the mac
IPASSWORD for Android
Version 4.5.3
Sync is Dropbox

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @jtonenet. Thanks for getting in touch with us and for your support of 1Password. :) I'll be happy to help out here.

When you first launched 1Password 4 on your Android device, did you choose "I'm new to 1Password," or "I've used 1Password before" from the welcome screen?

It sounds like you may have created a new vault on your Android, rather than syncing to your already saved vault. I'd like you to reset the app, and remember that this will delete all 1Password data from your device, so please make sure that you've synced everything to Dropbox from your Android.

Then, go into your device Settings > Apps > 1Password and tap "Clear data." When you launch 1Password again, tap "I've used 1Password before," followed by "Sync using Dropbox." Then login to your Dropbox account and make sure to select the vault your Mac is syncing with. If you're not sure which is the right vault, launch 1Password 5 on your Mac, and from the menu bar, select 1Password 5 > Preferences > Sync. You'll see the path to your .agilekeychain in that window.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you still have questions. Thanks!

• jtonenet
    jtonenet
    Community Member

Thank you that fixed it.
    Awesome support, in the immortal words of Jim Carey as the Mask " I Like it ! "

• SSSmokin! :lol:

That's good news, I'm glad you were able to get your Android syncing properly.

Let us know if you need anything else. Thanks again!

This discussion has been closed.