Feature request - Make "Add credit card" simpler

Options
indiantroy
indiantroy
Community Member

I'd appreciate an option to scan a credit card using iPhone camera to add that to 1password just like safari. Won't have to type in manually and less chance of making mistakes.

Gracias!

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the suggestion, @indiantroy! This is indeed pretty cool tech. I'm not sure it has been opened up to 3rd party developers such as ourselves yet or not, but I agree it would be great to see it in 1Password when possible.

We appreciate the feedback!

Ben

• indiantroy
    indiantroy
    Community Member
    Options

Well, Google Wallet is a third party app on iOS and it offers scanning a credit card as well. I am sure 1Password team can do this too :+1:

• Ben
    Options

:)

• jmcejuela
    jmcejuela
    Community Member
    Options

+1

• Ben
    Options

Definitely a cool idea. Thanks for the feedback. :)

• thrasaric
    thrasaric
    Community Member
    Options

Just dld a simple coffee shop App. But it had a great feature in importing credit card data by just using the scanner (photo app). That would be a super edition to this app. Instead of having to type in all the data manually. Same could be done for licence , med card and ticket to heaven card. Lol. What do you think? ( I say "you", as I'm not sure who to address. Lol. )
    Regards
    Frank

• Ben
    Options

Hi Frank ( @thrasaric ),

I've merged your thread with another on the same subject. Thanks for the vote! :)

Ben

• charliwest
    charliwest
    Community Member
    Options

Came on to make this feature request, I used to use LemonWallet for this and they got bought by someone and and it became a charged service (and more US biased) and noticed another app Vallet - Virtual Wallet https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/vallet-virtual-wallet/id513427515?mt=8 that also does this, but would rather have it in 1Password for sure.

• Ben
    Options

It is indeed a really cool feature, and hopefully something we can incorporate in the future. Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.