1P still crashes on start ...

Options
anon
anon
Community Member

... when using TouchID. But sometimes (not often) 1P suddenly works after 20-30 seconds. Do have a solution for this problem or should I switch TouchID off? Thank you in advance and brgds.

1Password Version: 6.0.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 9.1
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @anon,

Thanks for taking the time to write in with this issue. Does turning off Touch ID cause the symptoms to go away? We've heard mixed reports in the past on that, so I'm curious as to what your experience is.

Thanks!

Ben

• anon
    anon
    Community Member
    Options

Hi bwoodruff, thank you for the question.
    I did not have the problem with TouchID turned off. However, since I tried it only two times (the turned off state) this might be a coincidence.

In addition: Even without any update from your side or from apple (iOS) your app worked flawlessly today - and this with TouchID turned on. Confusing, but as long as is works ...

Best regards.

• mayerdo
    mayerdo
    Community Member
    Options

I have TouchID on and almost every time I go into the app I get the message would I like to send the crash report in. Running the latest version of iOS on iPhone 6s Plus. Once I get past that I have to wait like it is updating passwords as I use Dropbox as they sync method. I have been getting a lot of conflicts lately. So I am shutting it off devices to see if that helps. Right now down to my iPhone and iPad syncing with Dropbox. It is getting to the point where it is becoming a hassle to use the app. I update every time I see an update to the app.

• OFZ
    OFZ
    Community Member
    Options

Hello, I have the same issue with the latest 1P app on the latest iOS 9.1
    if I want to use the touchID, most of the time the app crashes, if it doesn't it takes definitely too long to launch and be of any help in my daily activities. no problem if disabling touchID, but the drawback of using a long password is that it is combersome to type it multiple times a day on an iphone whatever 6 it is !
    I am considering to purchase the license but only if this blocking point is to be fixed shortly. many thanks

• Ben
    Options

Hi @mayerdo,

I'd like to see a diagnostic report from your iPhone 6S Plus, which may help us track down why the crash is occurring for you. You can find instructions on sending a report here:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/ios.html

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, a
    long with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can quickly track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

Hi @OFZ,

Could you please try disabling Touch ID in the iOS Settings app, restarting the device, and then re-enabling Touch ID in the Settings app? You may then also need to disable and re-enable Touch ID within 1Password.

Please let us know if that resolves the problem.

Ben

• OFZ
    OFZ
    Community Member
    Options

@bwoodruff thanks for the prompt response. I have followed your instructions. couple of tries, the app doesn't crash but it's way too long to unlock (compared to password).

• Ben
    Ben
    edited November 2015
    Options

Thanks, @OFZ. Our developers are aware of that issue and hope to have a fix for it soon.

Ben

ref: AFY-15193-629

• OFZ
    OFZ
    Community Member
    Options

@bwoodruff Hello ! just got the update of the iphone app... basically nothing has changed.. the apps continues to crash and touchID is useless (in my personal use case) as it takes more than 15 sec on an iphone 6 to open (if it doesn't crash which is 3 times out of 4...)

• Good morning @OFZ. I'm sorry for the trouble you're having here. As Ben mentioned, we are working on a fix to the problem, but it didn't make it into 1Password 6.1, which was released on Monday. I'm hoping to have this problem fixed for 1Password 6.2.

This discussion has been closed.