Lenient URL matching disabled but still being used?

I've created a password for

subdomain.gmc.uy

however, if I enter to

othersubdomain.gmc.uy
sub.subdomain.gmc.uy

The extension always offers me to use the password stored for subdomain.gmc.uy. I've verified my configuration and I have "Lenient URL matching" disabled... is this the intended behavior? how can I make sure that passwords created for abc.gmc.uy aren't shown for def.gmc.uy?

Thanks!

1Password Version: 5.4.1
Extension Version: 4.4.3.90
OS Version: OS X 10.11.1
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:subdomain

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @gmc_uy,

Can I ask, how many Login items do you have in total for the gmc.uy domain? Here is why I ask.

Say you have a single Login item for gmc.uy and you're visiting a subdomain. We don't have one that matches so we show you one that does at least still relate to the same domain or if you use the keyboard shortcut ⌘\ we'll fill as it's all we have.

If you also have a Login item for abc.gmc.uy then we will automatically use that for filling and if you open the 1Password mini menu it will always be at the top but you will note we still show the gmc.uy Login item.

Say you now add a third item though for something like def.mc.uy, suddenly anything that doesn't match the full domain will be hidden behind the menu option Show X more items. At a guess the developers thought having an option titled Show 1 more item and forcing the user to click might seem daft so they waited until there was at least two items to hide. As you add more item, more are likely to be hidden.

What the Show X more items does is only look at the main domain and ignore subdomains.

Does this help at all? Under what might be described as normal circumstances you shouldn't be offered a Login item for def.mc.uy when on abc.gmc.uy where the assumption is def.mc.uy isn't the only Login item.

• g3rv4
    g3rv4
    Community Member
    edited October 2015

@littlebobbytables thanks, that's exactly what's happening. I would love for it to have a way for me to tell "treat gmc.uy as a tld", as if I have passwords for gmc.uy, asd.gmc.uy and qwe.gmc.uy, when I enter to a new site ert.gmc.uy I get offered all the passwords from the other domains.

Is there a way (it can be hackish) for me to force 1Password to treat gmc.uy the way it treats com.uy?

Thanks!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @gmc_uy,

There isn't a hacky way of doing this right now I'm afraid but I have added your request to an open ticket. I think the trickiest part is we see a wide range of differing requests and I fear some people will be disappointed whatever we do. Yours I would imagine is the easiest, on the surface it merely seems like a slightly more strict version of what we're doing while some want the full path and others even want the port number included too. It might be I'm over-analysing it and and all are a non-issue (which would be nice).

ref: OPM-2942

• g3rv4
    g3rv4
    Community Member
    edited October 2015

Thanks @littlebobbytables! I'll stay tuned for updates... something like a "Lenient URL" dropdown with "Disable Lenient URLs completely" (the behavior I was expecting), "Enforce them a little" (I understand this is what the system does when you disable them) and "Enable Lenient URLs", right?

• @gmc_uy On behalf of littlebobbytales, you're most welcome. We'll keep that additional feedback in mind as well. :) Let us know if you have any other questions.

This discussion has been closed.