how do I get 1password to fill in my password for Evernote on my i-Phone?

Options
RancherRick
RancherRick
Community Member

I am new to 1password and am still learning how it works. Evernot came up asking for me to enter my username & password. How do I activiate 1password to do t his for me?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:how do I get 1password to fill in my password for Evernote on my i-Phone?

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

In order for 1P for iOS to work with an app, as opposed to working with a web browser, the developer of the app has to incorporate an extension which AgileBits makes freely available. See, generally, this knowledge base article:

How do I fill Logins into other apps on iOS?

Stephen

• RancherRick
    RancherRick
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, Stephen. So, it appears that the password filling will work on more websites on my laptop PC than on my iPhone.?

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

No—there shouldn't be a difference between working on websites between your phone and your Mac. The difference is between working on websites on your phone and working with apps on your phone. (I took it that in your original post you were referring to the Evernote app. Sorry if I've misunderstood that.)

Stephen

• Hey @RancherRick,

As Stephen noted, filling should work on the same websites on your iPhone as it does on your computer. However, if an app is using our extension, it makes filling a bit faster. If it isn't, you just have to go over to 1Password and copy the username or password, then paste it in the app. Here's a list of the apps that are currently using the 1Password extension: Apps ❤ 1Password

To fill websites on iOS, follow this guide:

Fill items in Safari

Let us know if that helps!

This discussion has been closed.