1Pw not verifying in Chrome

kmoreira
kmoreira
Community Member
edited October 2015 in 1Password in the Browser

I use both Firefox and Chrome on my Mac simultaneously. I installed the browser extension in both browsers... and 1Password would automatically fill into Chrome while it was my default browser.

And now, when I changed my default browser setting from Chrome to FF, 1Pw refuses to autologin in my Chrome, and I receive the verification error message.

1--How do I enable 1Pw authentication in both browsers?
2--I wish to have the choice whether to open each site/window in either FF or Chr from 1Pw..is this possible?

1Password Version: 5.4.1
Extension Version: 4.2.3 (FF), 4.4.3.90 (Chrome)
OS Version: OS X 10.10.5
Sync Type: ?
Referrer: kb:invalid-code-signature-osx, kb:configure-sophos, kb:invalid-code-signature-osx

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @kmoreira,

The code verification error, at least with Chrome, is normally if Chrome has an update pending. If you visit chrome://chrome/ does it say you're up to date or that there is an update to be installed?

I'm assuming that your preferred way of using Login items is to click the website field in the Login item from the main 1Password window, is this correct? This particular approach to filling is what we title open and fill where we pass the URL to OS X and then OS X passes the URL to your default browser, it's the same behaviour you should see if you click a link in an email. As we rely on this mechanism there isn't a way to say send URLs x,y & z to this browser and the rest to this other browser. So using just OS X this isn't possible but if it's desirable enough then there are a couple of third party options that this thread you might find of interest.

Of course that entire paragraph assumes I'm correct with the belief that you use open and fill. If I got it wrong please do correct me.

Hopefully Google Chrome is just waiting to update and that resolves the error that I believe is the browser code verification. The other I'll wait to see if I've grasped the situation and state correctly.

• kmoreira
    kmoreira
    Community Member

This solved the issue... apparently Chrome was attempting to make an update and needed a relaunch.

Thanks for your help!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @kmoreira,

So that's part one taken care of and thank you for letting us know :smile:

Where do we stand with part two and the desire to use multiple browsers, did anything I write earlier help explain or was I off in the wrong direction?

This discussion has been closed.