I have One Password on my MACBOOK PRO and unable to download it on Apple 4 IPhone

Options
PatBeckham
PatBeckham
Community Member

I have numerous problems I need help with please. I have downloaded the One Password on My MacBook Pro and it works fine. I have downloaded it on my IPad and it shows it installed but I do not get the One Password symbol anywhere to allow me to use it, nor does it appear when I enter the password in manually after retrieving the One Password password from my MacBook Pro that One Password generated. Also, I cannot even get the OnePassword program to load into my Apple 4 iPhone - I get the shaded icon only on the homepage of the phone. Do I need some kind of extensions on these devices? All I get on settings on the IPad when clicking on 1Password is "Background App Refresh" and nothing on the IPhone

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @PatBeckham,

I'm sorry you're having trouble with 1Password on your iOS devices! Since you need help with 1Password for iOS, I've moved this discussion to our iOS forum.

I have downloaded it on my IPad and it shows it installed but I do not get the One Password symbol anywhere to allow me to use it...

I'm not sure if I understand - do you mean you can't find the 1Password app anywhere on the home screen of your iPad? What shows you that it's installed? If you open the App Store and go to the Purchased section, can you find 1Password 6 listed there? If so, what sort of button do you see next to it? Normally, an app should have an 'Open' button if it's installed, or a cloud/download symbol if it's not currently installed on that device.

If the App Store shows 1Password is installed but you can't find it on the home screen, try doing a Spotlight search on your iPad to see if you can locate the 1Password app that way. From the home screen, swipe down from somewhere in the middle of the screen to bring up Spotlight, and type 1Password to see if it finds the 1Password app. You can find details on how to do that on Apple's support site here: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht3636

Please also try rebooting the iPad to see if that helps (do the Spotlight search after rebooting if it doesn't show up in your first search). Keep in mind that Spotlight should find the app if you type "1Password", but it won't work if you type "one password" or "onepassword" since that's not the name of the app.

...nor does it appear when I enter the password in manually after retrieving the One Password password from my MacBook Pro that One Password generated.

I'm afraid I don't understand what you mean. Can you please elaborate on that? Where are you entering a password on your iPad?

Also, I cannot even get the OnePassword program to load into my Apple 4 iPhone - I get the shaded icon only on the homepage of the phone.

It sounds like the download isn't completing. Has it been like that since you first tried to install 1Password from the App Store on your iPhone? Underneath the 1Password app icon, does it show the name of the app, or something like "Waiting" or "Installing" or "Paused"? Do you have any other grayed out apps on the home screen?

If the download/installation won't finish, you should make sure you haven't run out of storage space on that iPhone. Open the Settings app and go to General > Storage & iCloud Usage. Under the "Storage" section, how much space is shown next to "Available"? If you restart your iPhone, does that help?

All I get on settings on the IPad when clicking on 1Password is "Background App Refresh"

It sounds like you're selecting 1Password from the Settings app. If so, it's normal to see that. It should also mean 1Password is installed somewhere on your iPad. Hopefully my suggestions above will help you to find it.

Please let us know how it all goes, thanks! :)

This discussion has been closed.