how can I get a version of the iOS app that will run on version iOS 8. Current version req's iOS 9

Options
zollinmh
zollinmh
Community Member

I want to change from competitor software. I have updated my version on Mac to 1Password v5. I want to install the iOS app to use WiFi syncing on my iPhone, but I want to install it on iOS 8. I do not want to have to upgrade my phone to iOS 9. How can I get the earlier version. The App store seems to have only the new version, 6.0.1 beginning Oct 19, 2015.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 8.1.2
Sync Type: WiFi
Referrer: forum-search:previous verion of !Password for iOS v 8

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @zollinmh,

We don't typically recommend running legacy software, but we have heard reports from other customers that if you:

1) Sign into iTunes on a computer using the same Apple ID that you use on your iPhone
    2) "Purchase" (free) 1Password for iOS from iTunes on the computer
    3) Use the App Store > Updates > Purchased tab to install 1Password

That has reportedly allowed other customers to install the legacy version.

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• zollinmh
    zollinmh
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

Your suggestion was welcome. Thanks.
    But, it didn’t work.
    The version that downloaded to my computer was 6 requiring iOS 9. The version wasn’t visible in the App Store but when I synced the phone with the MacBook Pro, I got the message that !Password.app required iOS9 and could not be installed.

I can not find out how to get 1Password v5.5 for iOS 8.

Can anyone at AgileBits help me with this?

-Mark

• Ben
    Options

Mark ( @zollinmh ),

The version that downloaded to my computer was 6 requiring iOS 9. The version wasn’t visible in the App Store but when I synced the phone with the MacBook Pro, I got the message that !Password.app required iOS9 and could not be installed.

Correct. v6 will the the version downloaded on the computer, and that version will not sync to the iOS 8 device. I think perhaps I was not clear. What you need to do instead is launch the App Store app on the iOS 8 device, select the Updates > Purchased tab. From there you should see 1Password listed (if and only if you're logged into the same Apple ID in iTunes on the computer and on the iOS device). You can then install 1Password from that location.

Unfortunately this is not a process that we have control over. All of this is handled by Apple / the App Store. This is what has been reported to work for other customers, but unfortunately I can't make any guarantee that it will be possible.

Thanks.

Ben

• zollinmh
    zollinmh
    Community Member
    Options

Ok. I understand. I tried it. The version in the iPhone app store was listed as 6.0.2, but a modal box popped up then and asked if I wanted to download an older version. I replied in the affirmative and a download is now happening. I'll know which version downloads after it completes....
    Thanks.
    I'll confirm what happens.

• Hi,

Great to hear you got it downloaded. Yes, feel free to reply if you have further questions.

Cheers,
    Kevin

This discussion has been closed.