Unable to use Wi-Fi sync: Master password does not work

laardi
laardi
Community Member

I'm using the latest beta for Android (Samsung GS5, Android 5.0) and trying to use Wi-Fi sync. However this does not work, as my master password does not seem to validate on Android. I can enter the same password fine on my computer.

Creating a vault on Android first didn't help either, for what ever reason password sync fails. Is this a character set issue?

1Password Version: 4.6.0, 4.5.3b1
Extension Version: 586, 20150925
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro
Sync Type: Wi-Fi

Comments

• Hi @laardi. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with Wi-Fi sync. Let's figure out what's going on here.

First off, can you confirm that your Master Password consists of characters inside the standard US-ASCII character set? We have noticed some issues with special characters on mobile devices.

Also, to be clear, depending on your Android device, the initial sync and Master Password validation can take a few minutes. Are you seeing a message specifically noting that the password is being rejected, or is it simply "hanging" on validation?

• laardi
    laardi
    Community Member

I do indeed have character(s) outside that scope, which might lead to the issue. The rejection is a clear "Invalid master password" on Android after I input it first on Windows.

I changed the password temporarily and seems to work fine, so thanks again for solving the issue.

• Thanks for the update! I'm glad to hear that you were able to resolve the sync issue by changing your Master Password to only include characters in the standard ASCII character set. :)

If you have any other questions or problems in the future, just let us know. Thanks again!

This discussion has been closed.