Dropbox Vault Password.

computercath
computercath
Community Member

I'm trying to set up 1Password on my new iPhone 5s. I am being asked to enter my Dropbox vault password, but I don't know what it is. I would like to be able to reset the password, but can't find anywhere I can do that. Also can't find any help on Dropbox website. Have 1Password 5 Version 5.4.1 on Macbook running Yosemite 10.10.5, and the latest version of 1Password on my phone (IOS 9.1). Have Dropbox working properly on my phone and my Mac.

1Password Version: 1Password 5 Version 5.4.1 (541003) Agile Web Store
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.10.5 & (IOS 9.1)
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: kb:diagnostics, kb:remove-multiple-apps, kb:dropbox-ready, kb:dropbox-troubleshooting-verify-uploads, kb:dropbox-troubleshooting

Comments

• Hey @computercath!

I am being asked to enter my Dropbox vault password, but I don't know what it is.

That's most likely the Master Password for the vault you have in Dropbox. If you don't remember it, there's no way to reset it, but you can remove 1Password from your iPhone, install it again, and add the vault back from Dropbox. Since everything is working properly on your Mac, that could solve the issue. If that still doesn't work and you're sure you have the correct password and it's not being accepted, try following this guide to troubleshoot the issue a bit. Let us know how that goes! :)

This discussion has been closed.