Is 1Password Reader a thing of the past for Kindle Fire?

Options
gorham
gorham
Community Member

After the frustration at not being able to use 1PW on my Kindle Fire HDx, I switched to another application but I'd still rather have only one password data file especially if I can ever get synchronized between my android and PC. Anyway, now I'm not finding any mention of 1Password at all in the Amazon apps section. I'm sure the reader used to be there. I know the reader isn't being developed anymore and I have to wonder why since there's a whole group of us who can't use the "real" application. Anyway, what suggestion do you have for the likes of me?

Thanks much..

-G. 8-)

1Password Version: 4.6.0.592
Extension Version: 4.4.3
OS Version: Windows 7 64-bit (6.1.7601 12)
Sync Type: wi-fi

Comments

• We removed 1Password Reader from the Amazon App Store as development for it has discontinued.

We don’t have immediate plans to support 1Password on the Amazon App Store. If you need access to your 1Password data on your Kindle device, I recommend signing up for the 1Password beta for Android and side-loading the app. To sign up for the 1Password beta, please follow this link:

https://agilebits.com/beta_signups/androidnewsletter.html

Hope that helps. Have a great day! :)

• gorham
    gorham
    Community Member
    Options

Hmm. Well I sideloaded and installed the apk; I synced it and it works! Which leads to another question but I'll post it in a new thread.

Thanks much for the help. I really did need a push to do the sideload thing. 8-)

-G.

• You're very welcome. See you in the other thread! :)

This discussion has been closed.