Stuck in a failed login bank page

Options
gorham
gorham
Community Member
edited November 2015 in Android

I have a bank that sometimes requires a two part log-in (and sometimes doesn't; they're in the process of changing over I think). I successfully used the fill feature and got through the first page log-in. But now there's no second page for the password. I have no problem going back to the two separate log-ins but I can't get off the bank page. I can navigate around in it but I can't make it close. The key in the location bar says no matches and doesn't give me any options. When I navigate back to the log-in page, it also says no matches because I think it's a different URL from what i have in the data. I can also fix that. But not until I get off this stupid site.

I should also mention that there is no tab at the top and neither of my browsers seems to have been used to access the site. I clicked in through 1pw and that seems to be where it's stuck.

Suggestions will be oh very much appreciated.

-G.

1Password Version: 4.5.3 (for Android)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 4.4.2
Sync Type: wi-fi

Comments

• gorham
    gorham
    Community Member
    Options

Ah. Well eventually it released it. I'd still like to know how to manually get rid of it but it's not really a problem. There will probably be other problems but I'm going to wait awhile and not post as soon as I find them since I often find the solution after (naturally) I post or it resolves itself like this one.

So. Thanks past and future.

-G.

• Thanks for the update! What bank website did you have this issue on?

• gorham
    gorham
    Community Member
    Options

Gorham Savings Bank (https://www.gorhamsavingsbank.com/) It's always worked very well with my 1pw for PC so I'm assuming it's a glitch in the android. No worries; I really don't plan to access banks from my phone. :|

-G.

• Hey @gorham. Thanks for letting us know the URL. Unfortunately, I'm only able to test the first (username) page since don't have an actual account with them. However, this page did load and fill just fine for me on Android.

Are you having trouble filling on this site using the built-in 1Browser, or are you using the keyboard in another browser? Also, can you confirm that you've saved the login as per these instructions?

• gorham
    gorham
    Community Member
    Options

Hi. I was using the built in browser. I never got past the first page because it froze. But it's confession time. I did have the log-in working on my other android system but I didn't love the way it worked. I tried various log-in on both machines and wasn't nearly as comfortable with it as I am with my desktop 1pw. So, gulp, I uninstalled it on both androids and am back to the copy/paste system. It ain't wunnerful but it's the best I can do for now. I believe it's the curse of the small screen and lack of multi tasking. Anyway, I'm truly sorry to have taken the time of y'all in this thread but I did have a go at it and it just wasn't right.

... still friends? :(

-G.

• LOL! Of course we're still friends. :) I'm glad that you've found a solution that works for you, but I'll be happy to help further with this if you'd like to get filling working for Gorham Savings Bank on Android.

If you'd like to troubleshoot further, I recommend giving filling a shot using the 1Password keyboard in Chrome or another browser. We can continue from there.

If you're happy as is, then nothing more to do! Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.