insurances

Options
gschirak
gschirak
Community Member
edited November 2015 in Lounge

Hi there,
maybe I'm just blind :) – but is there a special predefined entry for insurances? Like car, health, dog insurance and so on.
If not, would it be possible to get something like that in a later version?

Thanks
Günther

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:assurance

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@gschirak ,

You are indeed NOT blind! 8-)

In my converters, I've mapped other password managers' Insurance-type categories to 1Password's Membership category, along with a few custom fields such as Policy ID, Group #, Provider, etc.

There are many requests for additional categories, and the AgileBits folks have it on their List of Good Intentions, but due to cross-platform and legacy installations, the job is larger than it might seem.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@gschirak: Indeed, we hope to make it possible to customize categories in the future, but I can't say for certain if or when that may come to pass.

In the mean time, I feel like the 'best fit' approach works...well, best. I try to think of these things in terms of how I'd like to use them. Memberships are often a good fit for insurance information (life, health, dental, etc.) Keep in mind that while you can't customize the categories themselves, you can add custom sections and fields to any item to suit your needs. I hope this helps! :)

• gschirak
    gschirak
    Community Member
    Options

Hi There,
    thanks for your information. Was already trying to use the memberships but had to add too many fields for my taste :)
    Will go with them though till there is a better solution.

Thanks
    G

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2015
    Options

Any time! Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions. If it helps, I generally add only the key information that I'l need to copy frequently (ID number, etc.) and then simply attach an image of the card itself. :)

• n0shoe5
    n0shoe5
    Community Member
    Options

I would also like to see an insurance category added

Thank you

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @n0shoe5,

Thanks for adding your vote here!

In the meantime, check out 1Password's Secure Notes category, which allows you to create custom fields and build your own database. You might find that your insurance information fits pretty well in there. :)

• ZackAtone
    ZackAtone
    Community Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

# help in putting health for information
    :| I'm trying to enter my blue shield of California insurance information in one password for iOS on my iPad where do I enter it under under identify if so where? Not really that user-friendly.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ZackAtone: Often where you store the information in 1Password is a matter of personal preference, and the categories are kind of a guideline (though Logins, Credit Cards, and Identities have specific uses in filling).

I actually use Membership items for my insurance info. To use that and some other categories, you'll need the Pro Features. Otherwise you can store that information in a Secure Note. I'd say don't use an Identity, since those are primarily for filling your personal information on websites, but it's really up to you. :)

This discussion has been closed.